Buying tyres

Currently reading:
Buying tyres

S

Sabre 23

Has anyone here used blackcircles.com for buying tyres?

Also, has anyone fitted Continental Premium Contact 2 tyres? What's your opinion of them?

Mark.
New Bravo (B2) 1.4 T-Jet Active 150, silver, 57 plate.
Council estate lad.
And proud of it!
A battle of wits with the unarmed is no fun!

15398a.jpg

Member of the Guild of Experienced Motorists. Lapsed.

loads of discount codes around for blackcircles - and very good reviews.

Just need to find a local garage top fit the tyres, who charge about £10 a tyre.

the only Continental tyres I had lasted about 6,000 miles each, so was put off the brand as apparently they all wear quickly (might just be the sales person getting me to buy Michelins)

Best tyres I've ever had were a set of Bridgestone or the Michelins piolets currently on the golf - which have done 15,000 miles and still look like new on the back and fronts are 1/2 worn only!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

After a lot of soul and internet searching I've decided on Dunlop Sport Fast Response.

Using blackcircles.com they are £56 each delivered, £70.84 each fitted, but no mention of disposal of the old tyres.
Kwik-f***up want £70.61, but that includes disposal.

I did have one bad experience at Kwik-f***up, about 20 years ago, but they did redeem themselves one wet Saturday afternoon in Edinburgh, 300 miles from home.
Time to give them another go, methinks.

Mark.
Council estate lad.
And proud of it!

15398a.jpg

i use tyre shopper

www.tyreshopper.co.uk

Veyr good, used them a few times

i had conti's and they lasted 16k on my zafira

i had good years and they lasted ages

but i have just gone for Yokohama A-drive on our picasso, at £50 a corner fitted i just couldn't argue with that!

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Blackcircles are mostly cheaper than tyreshopper.

Now looking at Dunlop Sport Fast Response, Yokohama C Drive or Cooper Zeon CS6. Or some Hankooks.

Why can't tyres be tyres?!?!

Mark.
Council estate lad.
And proud of it!

15398a.jpg

I know of a set of 4 good/clean 2001 Marea ELX alloys fitted with comfort/quiet spec. Goodyear Excellence 185/65HR x 15" with uniform wear and all loadsa tread left - going reasonble up in Staffordshire, (they're not mine)

They were aquirred for fitting to a Brava, but are'nt needed now.

Might be of use as winter wheels, as I remember these tyres being also good in the wet:)

As no-one on here showed interest, these are up on ebay now, listed by me on behalf of a family member as -

'Set of 4 FIAT/Alfa 15" alloy wheels+tyres 4x98 PCD'

Item number is 110564035765 with V. low starting price for what they are, if anyone has changed their mind...

I think I've decided. After searching all sorts of review sites my choice is probably going to be Uniroyal Rainsport 2 at £60 per tyre.

Mark.
Council estate lad.
And proud of it!

Always found Uniroyal to be very good in the distant past - no modern experience of though.

the rainsports i had on the JTD were amazing in the wet and i mean amazing!!... Ash had them on stilo wheels and he could drive round courners as if he was in the dry...

only problem is, they are very soft and wore out in about 4000 miles on a dry road.

now i did drive the jtd hard so maybe a normal person would get double, but still found the ware higher than expected.... but for wet grip, there is nothing close!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Only half an hour to go now guys...
would'nt want anyone serious to miss out ;)

the p6000's i have are ok but tbh i prefer the maxxis brand at the minute they have some good tyres out.