Buying an old style ford KA what to look for?

Currently reading:
Buying an old style ford KA what to look for?

Absolutely nothing wrong with that...
[/IMG]

yes but this pushrod engine is from this

Ford.anglia.105e.moors.arp.750pix.jpg

yes but this pushrod engine is from this

Ford.anglia.105e.moors.arp.750pix.jpg

Nothing wrong with that either... quite a tunable little lump the Kent engine... responds well to blueprinting, porting & polishing, new re-profiled cam with twin 40 DCOE's etc... and a cynch to re-build... yea they get noisy but they go on & on & on.... if looked after!

i understand it's the base of the lotus cortina engine so there's definitly tuning available

but coupled with SPI, a catalyst and detuning for emissions regulations. by the late 90s the engine was past its best!

Ah yes... emmissions regaltions....

The lotus Cortina, if my memory serves me, had a 1500cc block with a Twin-cam BDA head? That may have been later examples of course, been a long time now. The old push-rod Ford unit in the Angle-Box was either a 997 or 1200 unit, the latter being a much better examle of pretty much the same thing, 997 was a bit wheezy in standard form with the tiny little Solex feeding it.... neither was particularly economical though.

the front wishbones only last 30k miles, my gfs both went together at 31k miles 3 months ago. also her track rod ends went a month ago, whcih was replaced. apart from its a fairly reliable little car. only about 35ish to the gallon though i think.

Back