500 Bumper Chrome

Currently reading:
500 Bumper Chrome

morrms

Hi I’m new to the forum my daughter has a 2018 Fiat 500 Lounge and a fantastic car it is. Unfortunately, she has caught a wall and pushed the bumper light back which appears to be hooked behind the one metal strut but not broken. Unfortunately she broke one of the chrome sections on the bumper. On searching for a replacement I find lots for models up to 2015 but not 2018 as it is only a small section of chrome any ideas where I could get one. Is the front bumper fairly easy to fetch off ManyThanks all Mike

Welcome [emoji106] I’m personally not too familiar with the “newer” 500s but my best bet would be eBay! Failing that my guess is fiat dealership but obviously that’s gonna be £££ I’m sure someone will be along soon who could advise in more detail

You could try a parts finder service you tell them what you want an companies call you if they have it.
Bumper off not hard try you tube for a video, bolts at top bottom, and behind inner wing guard with small screws too note there are plastic clips holding the bumper to body that require careful teasing apart, be especially careful in the cold.
Look on you tube for the video with the blue car, Don't just pull the bumper off like on the video.

Last edited:
Unfortunately they are barely ever available on eBay. Secondhand bumpers are always sold with no trim. You’re going to have to get one from Fiat.

You may find that one or more of the lugs are broken on the DRL.

See my video of how to ease out the ends of the bumper.

[ame]https://youtu.be/t4GhNHxpPLw[/ame]

Last edited:
Unfortunately they are barely ever available on eBay. Secondhand bumpers are always sold with no trim. You’re going to have to get one from Fiat.

You may find that one or more of the lugs are broken on the DRL.

See my video of how to ease out the ends of the bumper.

https://youtu.be/t4GhNHxpPLw

Just remember to use a PLASTIC tool rather than a metal one(easing apart) to protect the paintwork at this venerable edge.

What I didn't show in this video as it was an old bumper was I put a length of masking tape along the edge of the bumper to protect it.

None of the plastic trim tools I have are firm enough to releas the tab. They are very hard plastic, hence why I use a screwdriver but you do need to be careful.

What I didn't show in this video as it was an old bumper was I put a length of masking tape along the edge of the bumper to protect it.

None of the plastic trim tools I have are firm enough to releas the tab. They are very hard plastic, hence why I use a screwdriver but you do need to be careful.

You could also wrap tape round the screw driver?

Back