Technical Bulb failure warning light

Currently reading:
Technical Bulb failure warning light

Hi folks
Is there any reason why the bulb failure light would show on the dash without the accompanying beep beep and fault message? Can't see areference to this in the handbook.
Cheers

I think somewhere in the dash menu is a bunch of settings to turn the beep on and off and set the volume of the beep, so it could be that you've simply got it turned off? I dont know if the settings would affect the blown bulb warning.

The instrument panels are a bit prone to faults - although I've never heard of any with a false blown bulb failure mode.

Have you investigated which bulb it thinks is blown? When you're checking your lights for a fault be sure to be mindful of looking out for phantom glowing - like if you indicate and the brake lights start to glow slightly or similar. This can be symptomatic of an earth issue which the car might flag as blown bulb.

Thanks Artermis. TBH this relates to a car that is for sale near me for not much money and i am considering as a third car. Its moted but needs some work - brakes, exhaust and some other stuff which doesn't look too critical or overly complicated/involved and actually has some appeal in that respect in that most of the stuff i can probably have a bit of fun (?) doing. Its a 1.6 petrol and while my own car has been thankfully free from electrical/electronic glitches I'm conscious that's not always the case with the Stilo. This one has the bulb out lamp lit but seemingly no message (eg rear stop) and wondered if that meant something other than a bulb out? It's also showing the spanner light but think that will just be the service reset which wouldn't bother me.

Budget for Multiecuscan and an interface (about £60-70 total) if you don't already have it.

Robert G8RPI.

Hi
No don't have this. Have seen it referred to a lot on the Forum, but have just tended to ignore it all because it scares the s××t out of me (being a past it old fart who, for example, still mentally recalculates the price of a litre of petrol into the price of a gallon so that i can properly understand how much im getting for what im paying!). But just had a look at some demo vids on you tube and its like a whole new world that i never knew existed! It's a revelation and i like it! So will give this some more thought - presumably i should be able to diagnose and cancel off the fault indicators with this.

Hi,
You need a PC (laptop or notepad), a registered copy of Multiecuscan (€50) www.multiecuscan.net and an ELM 327 or similar interface lead with adaptors .e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152482402020 (£20).
Any old laptop running windows XP or newer will work OK.
It will let you read diagnostic codes, current values for just about anything on the car like temperatures, pressures or flows. You can reset warninig lights and service counters. You can also actuator things like lights from the PC. If you do your own servicing or maintenence it is well worth it. You can download the demonstration version of MES and experiment with it without the interface or car. You just click simulate instead of connect after you select the model of car.
HTH,
Robert G8RPI.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back