Technical Broken Engine Mount

Currently reading:
Technical Broken Engine Mount

Juego

Thats me now hit 25.5k and have been enjoying the car, then tonight at about 3am my engine mount snapped :bang: The engine falling forwards has broken the driveshaft on the passengers side, burst my radiator, broken the gearbox clean off it's mounts and pulled something in the electrics cos the car wants to start but theirs no lights on the dashboard and my window won't go up. Wat a ****ty ending to my christmas and thats me and the car finished, Fiat are being told where to shove their heap they call a Stilo! That car is an insult to cars and it'll be the first and last Fiat i ever buy, am going bak to Fords from now on least i can trust them!

My boss is gonna love me when i tell him i can't come in on wednesday due to the car, am already on my last legs due to the car

S**t, but look on the upside.... only a select few of us have been crapped on by our Fiats on a regular basis ;) :rolleyes:
Hope the situation is resolved soon.

ive just replaced the same engine mount, but i didnt suffer any of the damage you suffered. on the upside the engine mount is only £17, and quite easy to fit. Then again the engine did cut through a wire attached to a sensor on the gearbox :eek:

Thats been every 2k miles since it hit 20k it's been in the garage, since october it's spent more time in the garage than it has with me! Am sick of it

I presume this is an Abarth?

How did it snap exactly at 3 am - just happened or were you flooring it?

I remember one Christmas, I'd just taken the very last guest home and returned to my Rover 416 to find it was stone dead (only 2 minutes after switching off) - walked 4 miles home in the end in the early hours of boxing day :mad:

I think he has a 1.4 Argo :chin: and thats a real bummer mate you seem to have nowt but bad luck since you bought it :(

It's a 1.4 Active i have buddy

Yeh never had any luck, heres the pictures of the engine 3rd time lucky

Knackered.jpg

Knackered1.jpg

Knackered2.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your latest woes Juego. You poor Guy, I'm not surprised you are thoroughly ticked off...

Some cars just seem dogged with bad reliability. The person who had the next car after yours off the line may have no reliability issues at all. There may be someone out there right now on a Ford forum saying he's getting out of Fords and back into Fiats. Personally I think lot of modern designs have far more problems than they should because things aren't designed right in the beginning. There's probably a whole bunch of reasons why this is so, and accountants figure in there somewhere, along with poor design engineers, bad materials and insufficient testing. Bottom line is we suffer the consequences, often far from home and in bad weather.

I wish you better luck in the future, whatever your choices.

Yeh i know man, but so far i know a few folks with a Ford and not had any bother with them as am active on alot of Ford Forums. I currently help in the running of one too.

My next car is gonna be a Focus RS or a Fiesta ST, watever they can get me cos i am point blank refusing to accept the car after this

Yeh i know man, but so far i know a few folks with a Ford and not had any bother with them as am active on alot of Ford Forums. I currently help in the running of one too.

Focus...nice to drive yes,reliable?...well I brought a 3 year old one & in 12 months (despite FSH & low mileage) it cuts out when turning right (fuel pump),been back for recalls (fuel tank loose,2 ECU updates) also timing belt snapped (at 15mph!) wrecked 16 valves (£550) constant rattles (normally tailgate which has annoying habit of opening by itself normally when at speed!) cutting out (VSS) constantly losing power (blocked cat) blown exhaust which is part of manifold (£180) CD played jammed (mechanism) starter motor,door lock,EM warning light comes on all the time (still does),rusting n/s door,trim falling of seats,water in passenger footwell,constant number plate light failure (4 so far)...all in 12 months! OK the timing belt was a one off but the rest are known focus faults.

Its going to the great ebay in the sky very soon:D

If your moving on, have a look at Hondas, Mazdas and toyotas, they all have very good reliabillity ratings and their dealers (while a bit on the steep side) are generally very good. If i get one more problem with my stilo, I'm going for an old shape 1.6 civic sport. The AA blokes that come out to me regularly say, buy a Honda, we have the contract for their breakdown and we rarely see them for anything more than a burst tyre!

Soory your going to leave us mate just as I thought we were just getting aquainted to ..been out today with my wife and she has bought a Grande Punto she looked at fords and said GOD arnt they boring and I agree with her to we have had fords and what a load of crap as well they were ...in fact the best one we had was the ford pop side valve I used when grass track racing before I went up market to OHV cars :p and I put a con rod through the block on that one :devil: still went on three mind you till I got back to the pits :D then BANG:eek:

I own a Mazda 323F GT (1.8) as well as my Stilo and I have to say reliability as far as it goes is right at the top, considering this is L Reg (nearly 15 years old) and it is bloody fast taking Mercs/BMWs etc on the motorway like no ones business. I have capped 118k on it now and it is still running in mint condition, the engine/electrics/bodywork or anything else for that matter havent even given me any problems yet and the last time the dealer probably saw the car was yonks ago. I may as well have thrown away my AA membership with this car as I dont think I will need it however long this vehicle lasts. As far as reliability goes mate, you could do a lot worse off then a Jap car.

Back