Technical Brighter, wider lighting needed!

Currently reading:
Technical Brighter, wider lighting needed!

sahorrocks

Hi All,

Spending a few days (and nights) in the Lake District before Xmas, I find I am let down with my lighting.

The lighting, particularly high-beam, is not very bright (or wide) and I find myself reaching the bends before my lighting does!

Should I be looking at putting brighter, whiter (and possibly illegal) bulbs in - or should I be considering additional units under the bumper?

Didn't find this with my Panda 100HP.

Hey!
I had this sort if issue with my punto, the lights where yellow and fairly dim so invested in some phillips x-tream vision bulbs, bit pricy at £30 but make a real diffrence! The reach is substantually longer and they are a crisp white, prefectly legal to, plus if you order them from power bulbs.. You get some sidelights free! And everyone loves a freebie ;)

Hey!
I had this sort if issue with my punto, the lights where yellow and fairly dim so invested in some phillips x-tream vision bulbs, bit pricy at £30 but make a real diffrence! The reach is substantually longer and they are a crisp white, prefectly legal to, plus if you order them from power bulbs.. You get some sidelights free! And everyone loves a freebie ;)

its not really free when they are charging about £10 more than others for the bulbs to start with

its not really free when they are charging about £10 more than others for the bulbs to start with
Really? Becuase auto bulbs direct actually charge £3 more, and although they are cheaper on amazon if you needed sidelights to (like I did)
You still save £5 in the end

As Maxi says, Nightbreakers are good - I've fitted them to the highbeams and it's a noticeable improvement. Regarding "lights under the bumper", look up current lighting regs. Below a certain height (which I can't remember) the lamps can only be used "in fog or falling snow", ie foglights. My previous car, a BMW Mini, had poor high beam, and I fitted driving lamps that came on with high beam, but had to mount them at bonnet level.

I am also totally satisfied with Osram Nightbreakers. Fitted them both for main and high beam lights. In my forum gallery you can find preview of how do they work in 500. Photo shows main beam H7 lights on.

i have to admit the A500 will have to have xenons for me, i know the haters will hate but once you have had a car with them its a box you'll tick first

standard lights are adequate and i just back off when visibility is poor on B roads

i have to admit the A500 will have to have xenons for me, i know the haters will hate but once you have had a car with them its a box you'll tick first

standard lights are adequate and i just back off when visibility is poor on B roads

I assume your on about HIDs. Xneons can be fitted to any motor - infact it's what nightbreakers use iirc :)

Is the 500 on Halfords "will fit" list? Mobility, flexibility & dexterity issues prevent me from having a go at DIY:(

I, too, would like brighter & whiter lights as my Brera has factory Xenons which are ace.

The 500 lights are like candles by comparison:eek:

what for the Headlamps?

i have never come across an easier car to change the headlamps on assuming you have a standard 1.2 /1.4

https://www.fiatforum.com/500-guides/314566-500-front-light-bulbs-change.html

but i know even that might prove hard depending on your physical ability the DRL can be a bitch to do with no mobility problems ...

halfords are bloody expensive for bulbs shame your not local i would do them for you

i meant i'll be ticking the factory fit xenon box on the options list, the light bulb thing has never really floated my boat

Yes, but it's a factory fitted HID kit, xenon is merely the gas inside the bulb. (Yes I know half the rubbish fiat literature calls them xenon, yet again more of their rubbish translations).

Is the 500 on Halfords "will fit" list? Mobility, flexibility & dexterity issues prevent me from having a go at DIY:(

I, too, would like brighter & whiter lights as my Brera has factory Xenons which are ace.

The 500 lights are like candles by comparison:eek:

If 500 lights are like candles then classic panda lights are marginally better than the old exide light set I had on my push bike in 1983, however they have the advantage of not blind oncoming traffic :p

Back