Technical Break Pipes

Currently reading:
Technical Break Pipes

mattyn20

Hi All,

My Bravo failed its MOT on the break pipes being extremly corroded and was wondering how easy it was to replace them??

Also the rear bearings are binding and he wasnt sure why...any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi All,

My Bravo failed its MOT on the break pipes being extremly corroded and was wondering how easy it was to replace them??

Also the rear bearings are binding and he wasnt sure why...any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Replacing "brake pipes" is easy essentially, but you need to know what you're doing, clearly you're not sure.... You want to do all of the solid metal ones AND the flexis? How about tools for the job, easier when you have them, harder if you dont, unless you have a small bore pipe bender you can easily mess up, then there is bleeding to be done.

Bearings binding? Should that be "brakes binding"? The wheel bearings might be tough without a press but I'm not certain a press is needed...

Maybe you have fluid leak into the brakes, does it have rear drums? :confused:

If I were you, on balance, safety and all that... I'd get a quote for the work.

I had to get brake pipes replaced on my 2001 Brava for the last MOT. The ones running underneath the car to the rear and it meant that the exhaust and fuel tank had to be lowered. I took it to the garage as that job was out of my league.

Back