Bravo speakers

Currently reading:
Bravo speakers

A

Ant Wells

Hi guys, looking to upgrade the factory speakers but I'm too lazy to take them out, plus it's cold out there!

Anyone know what the factory speaker sizes are?
I can see through the grills on the front door speakers that they're not round so thinking they're 5'x8', if so do 6'x9's fit?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

they are 5x8 , not sure think 6x9's will be too big

1242761040.GIF

Size?

Are they 5x8 or 5x7 and is that the size for all of them??

5x7 front doors + dash tweeters depending on model
and
13cm (I think) rear

I have just replaced my front speakers with some 5x7 Alpines and am really chuffed with them. The only issue is that you need to buy some kind of plastic mountings so that they fit properly. Mine are just screwed into the door at the moment and have no chance of moving but I havent got the extra money to get them until pay day.

When you get them, I would recommend www.caraudiodirect.co.uk - great price and quick delivery

Cheers!

Mount?

Any more advice on exactly what kind of mounts are needed as im going to do mine soon???

Thanks

The standard speakers are set into a plastic moulding, at an angle to avoid something inside the door, I'm sure sure if it is impact bars or window mechanism. As the existing ones cannot be used, you have to buy a similar type moulding so they fit properly into the door.

Cheers,