General bravo gearbox

Currently reading:
General bravo gearbox

puntogtfast!

which gearboxes can i use for my fiat bravo. are they interchangable between punto's. and the bigger engine bravo's maybe. i think it might be just the 1.4s that fit and same engine punto.s. mines a 1.2 80sx w reg andf it whines so loud i gotta change it soon!!

Dont get a box from a larger engined car, because this will slow you down as it has been geared to be powered by a more powerful engine. If you want a better 0-60 get a box from a smaller engined car, in your case I dont think there is one. Hard to explain but the rule is, always get a box from a smaller engined car than yours if you want a better 0-60 (y)

The punto 1.2 6 speed will not fit without alot of modifications, the only box that will fit is the punto 1.2 16V 5 speed gearbox and Bravo/a 1.2 gearbox. No others will fit.

Ahhhhh, my forte!

Mk2 punto 6 speed will fit, as Jug has said the bell housing bolts straight on no probs and the best way of getting the cable linkages fitted is too swap the tray with the handbreak and gearstick lever along with the link cables in one foul swoop! the tray may require some minor tweeks to get the bolt holes to line up, but that should be about it :)

as for what other boxes fit, if you can my recomendation is to get a bravo 1.2 box, best all round unless you fancy pulling a gear box apart and swapping over gears from other boxes...

the box from the 1.4 does fit, but takes a little modifying (not much im informed) to get the reverse to work (not sure what the work is but i can find out) or you can go for a gear box from any of the mk1 puntos up to the 1.2

ive only done a couple of box changes ;)

Back