General Bravo accessories

Currently reading:
General Bravo accessories

like the look of these official accessories

anyone got them?

http://www.fiat-accessories.com/Fiat-Bravo-Fix-Go-Bag-Kit

do you need the fix and go kit seperately??

also need some new mats, are the Fiat ones the best bet?

This goes in the spare wheel well. If you don't have a spare wheel then you will have the fix and go nowhere kit already. If you do have a spare, trust me, you don't want to swap it for a fix and go and a load of pretty bags!

also need some new mats, are the Fiat ones the best bet?

Go into Tesco and buy their Finest mats, they are 20 quid and far better looking than the bravo ones.

I know I got the garage to throw a set of the originals in with my car.

This goes in the spare wheel well. If you don't have a spare wheel then you will have the fix and go nowhere kit already. If you do have a spare, trust me, you don't want to swap it for a fix and go and a load of pretty bags!

Thanks for the thanks Rob. :)

I should have added that if you have the Fix-n-go seriously consider getting a spare wheel, jack etc. The 16" steel of an Active does the trick. Hellcat wrote a guide which is in the guides section ( where else )

I had a puncture a couple of months back which wrecked the tyre. Fortunately I've got the spare wheel upgrade:)

Neil

Thanks for the thanks Rob. :)

I should have added that if you have the Fix-n-go seriously consider getting a spare wheel, jack etc. The 16" steel of an Active does the trick. Hellcat wrote a guide which is in the guides section ( where else )

I had a puncture a couple of months back which wrecked the tyre. Fortunately I've got the spare wheel upgrade:)

Neil

i have a space saver spare wheel :), and i just bought a spare matching 17" alloy so i won't have to drive back from Italy if i hit a pothole and ruin the wheel/tyre

i have a space saver spare wheel :), and i just bought a spare matching 17" alloy so i won't have to drive back from Italy if i hit a pothole and ruin the wheel/tyre

The 16" steel just lifts the boot mat slightly with a 205/55R16 fitted. I think your 17" spare will go in the well, but being 225/??R17 it will lift the mat an inch more. Unless you remove the anchor point in the middle of the well, the spare will have to go face up. The hole in the middle is too small to go the other way. I bruised the laquer on one of my alloys finding that out:mad:

also what winter tyres do people use on the Bravo?

Last winter I had Goodyear Eagle F1s on the front and Vredestein Sessanta on the rear.

Never again.

Got stuck trying to climb to a national park car-park up a 1/4 hill. :D

This year I'll be buying a set of winter tyres on steel wheels from mytyres.co.uk. I've not decided on what size/brand yet, but it's looking around £80-90 a corner. Thinking 195/65R15 might be too thin for the weeks without snow down from 225/45R17, or maybe not.

Last winter I had Goodyear Eagle F1s on the front and Vredestein Sessanta on the rear.

Never again.

Got stuck trying to climb to a national park car-park up a 1/4 hill. :D

This year I'll be buying a set of winter tyres on steel wheels from mytyres.co.uk. I've not decided on what size/brand yet, but it's looking around £80-90 a corner. Thinking 195/65R15 might be too thin for the weeks without snow down from 225/45R17, or maybe not.

i use winter tyres from Dec - Feb so want something suitable for all cold weather conditions not specific snow tyres

will be getting some steel rims or cheap alloys and sticking with the same tyres size

The 16" steel just lifts the boot mat slightly with a 205/55R16 fitted. I think your 17" spare will go in the well, but being 225/??R17 it will lift the mat an inch more. Unless you remove the anchor point in the middle of the well, the spare will have to go face up. The hole in the middle is too small to go the other way. I bruised the laquer on one of my alloys finding that out:mad:

the standard spare 16" wheel shouldn't raise the mat at all. It fits completly

Back