Bravo 20v vs MG zr160

Currently reading:
Bravo 20v vs MG zr160

MickeyBravo

Daily Drive 5dr 1.8 Focus
who do you think will win if the cars had a head to head down the strip?
is the mg160 a 4 cyl or 6?
i been wondering for a while,only remembered to post up when i was behind 1 this afternoon in cumbria lol

oh and either cars,a standard 155 OR a chipped 147 with mods est @ 160.

MG ZR 160

157bhp @ 7k rpm
128ft-lb @ 4.5k rpm
1145kg
0-60= 7.4s
Top Speed = 130mph

Fiat Bravo HGT 155

152bhp @ 6.5k rpm
137ft·lb @ 3.75k rpm
1190kg
0-60= 8s
Top speed = 132mph

seems an obvious winner, though i'm surprised they weigh almost the same.

even with identical weights, i'd go with the MG in a straight drag race. max power at higher revs also suggests closer gearing which is probably the key?

Is it possible to plot a graph showing torque at wheels in each gear? afterall it's torque that counts with acceleration, but torque at the wheels, not engine. do they overlap, or are the significantly different for each gear?:confused:

I'm talking generally, not the two specific cars now.

Last edited:
quite a few replies,getting mixed answers (all seems mg on here,the fiat elsewhere) :confused:
i know the fiat has an extra cylinder and 4 valves more to which its torque that counts.
But with 160bhp (well nearly anyway) and only 4 cyl's and 16v's its always had me thinking.I know the fiat arnt the fastest of cars.
Suppose ill found out 1 day if we meet as there is a zr160 around my neck of the woods always caing it about..

the problem with the fiat is emissions related i would have thought. the fiat has potential to produce more power but due to emissions levels they have had to restrict the engine as such. i bet a decat and map would a few ponies being released

Naaaaw, what i want to see is this race at 100k miles, see which engines stood the test of time, piston wear etc, would be interesting to see how well fiat engines and mg engines do. As for jap engines, they just dont go soft lol.

Back