Bravo 20v vs MG zr 160

Currently reading:
Bravo 20v vs MG zr 160

M

Mike

who do you think will win if the cars had a head to head down the strip?
is the mg160 a 4 cyl or 6?
i been wondering for a while,only remembered to post up when i was behind 1 this afternoon in cumbria lol

oh and either cars,a standard 155 OR a chipped 147 with mods est @ 160.

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..Its good to be different ;)
Now with Working steering wheel controls,
FC Performance chip
'Sorted' :)

bravo easy mg will fall apart getting to the start and because they turning circle is shocking you would be waiting hrs for it turn up, will be too busy doing 3 point turns

Lol i searched youtube but nothing,seems no one has had a go with 1 yet

mike as you know ive had a mg zr 160 and there a 4 cylinder 16 valve, vvc engine (shite) and also got a 155 hgt , the hgt shown it up all the time ,
the mg also feels a lot slower when driving as its got 1 less cylinder , the power of the hgt is unbelievable as you know mg is crap

1242761040.GIF

@ ant all mg's are crap, unfortunatly i had to drive one once while my bravo was in the garage they stuggle with power compared to the hgt because of the 5 pot engines.

they isnt much in weight between probably about 50kg at most

if in doubt, give it a clout

the only 1 ive liked the dower delivery on is the zs180 , ive had a few of these but only cos i buy an sell cars, an obviously if it comes in at the right price ill have anythin,

but yeah i agree all mg's are crap, there not well built and engine is shite too, only the kv6 engine is half decent because it was built by powertrain ltd, and not prone to head gasket problems

there wouldn't be much in that race mate but the bravo would be in front, off the line the bravo will be quicker because the torque transfer from a zr160 is crap, and at higher speeds the 5pot bravo will deliver more consistently where the 160 has to be redlined to perform and only puts out power through the last 2k of the rev range.

honestly they drive crap, and the head gasket would probably blow if you got in a race with one. A lad i know deals with nothing but modifying them, a company called AA autosport, and the heads lift every 30-40k lol.

quite a few replies,getting mixed answers (all seems fiat on here,the mg on FF lol)

i know the fiat has an extra cylinder and 4 valves more to which its torque that you technically need.

But with 160bhp and only 4 cyl's and 16v's,the fiat 5 cyl's 20v's but only 147/155 its always had me thinking.I know the fiat arnt the fastest of cars :/

Suppose ill found out 1 day if we meet as there is a zr160 around my neck of the woods always caing it about..Ill give anything a run for its money me :D

inc my mate with his focus st170/180- remapped.
he was behind me on a dual carriageway,he textd me and said 'lets do it' lights went green and i was gone! he couldnt catch lol yet he still calls my car **** slow haha

I had a go against an st170 when I had my HGT. I didn't know the orads though so I wasn't full throttle, just stayed behind him :)

Might be the same guy you know...fella called Lee?

honestly mate, a lot of the lads on FF are in punto 8valvers and don't fully understand power delivery and driveability....

the mg zr 160 for example is a variable valve timed engine, and so only produces 160 bhp when the ecu adjust the valve timing to allow more cylinder pressure and higher power output.. it doesn't produce 160 bhp at low or mid revs, its at the very top end when any power is produced.

its not all about the bhp, it about the torque for acceleration, and the MG doesnt put it down very well. Its an engine you have to push to perform, its either flat to the floor booting it or its not moving!

If my bravo can make one look very silly then im pretty sure a HGT will do the same..

fair do's then :D

i aint all car-friendly when it comes to bhp and torque..

Generally speaking torque = acceleration and BHP = top speed

This is why many drag cars aren't 1000's of BHP (well, some are) but they have heaps of torque.

Only problem with too much is getting it all to the road lol

I had an MG TF160 and it would leave a HGT standing most days of the week! ZR big bit heavier tho....