Technical Bravo 2008 1.6 multijet 105 Rough Idle and shuts down when the car and the weather are hot

Currently reading:
Technical Bravo 2008 1.6 multijet 105 Rough Idle and shuts down when the car and the weather are hot

Kirild

Hello. I have Fiat Bravo 2008 1.6 multijet 105. Last summer I had the same problem. When the weather is hot and the car is already hot, the car starts to idle rough and even shuts down. When I first start it for the day it goes well but it seems like when I stop the car somewhere with a hot engine and the summer is hitting the car too while parked and after some time when I start the car the problems start. Also, I get P0487 error this summer which might be related to the rough idle or not. What I have tried so far and no improvement with the rough idle and with the P0487: 1. Cleaning throttle and EGR 2. Drainage of crankcase gases out of the car 3. Clean a lot of the sensor contacts with contact spray 4. Found some loop where the EGR tube enters the inlet manifold and tightened it with a wrench and filled it with a liquid gasket. It seems like I didn't have these problems when the weather was cold in the winter. I will try cleaning the MAF sensor. I think that some sensor or even the whole ECU is crashing when the car engine is hot and the car is parked on the sun. Does anybody have ever been in this situation and how it got resolved? Thanks!

I had a fault on a 05 Doblo 1.9 multijet which when hot on a long journey cut out altogether, a short while later after cooling down it would run again happily. A new crank sensor was the answer. I have had it on Vauxhalls also.
May not be your problem, it showed as a fault code.

Back