Brand new car paint protect (NANO??)

Currently reading:
Brand new car paint protect (NANO??)

Hi, any ideas how to clean/protect brand new paint finish??
Heard some expensive NANO products are modern these days - any real experience with that?
For now Iam just equppied with that Ruttle Wash&Wax shampoo..

T.

To do ceramic coating correctly requires about a 3 days process. And would cost about £300 to £500. There's a product called Paint Protection Film which would be around £1500.

If you are going for doing it yourself, then I would use a quality sealant and then topped off with a wax to provide a great glow to the paint. Do everything, door jams etc and follow a good cleaning routine to keep on top of it all.

You can get hold of autoglym and auto smart kits on eBay fairly cheap which are supposed to be applied at the dealer when you buy the car. It’s not too much hassle to take your time and apply these treatments yourself, but cost hundreds if you ask the dealer to do it.

Ended up with CG's 100% carnauba BUTTER WET WAX for now, for winter will swap for some synthetic Jetseal/Autoglym Extra Gloss Protect+partially Stone Guard vinyl+leather bonnet guard(tough winters here).

BUTTER WET WAX is doing well, give great shine for painted plastic/lights as well and partially works as liquid wiper above 30mph too.

Bought a 2011 Panda for my youngest and it was done with a paint sealant when new. The effect of this and the interior treatment is profound. I recommended my brother to try on his new(ish) Range Rover. It looks fantastic. I decided to take the plunge and try Supagard on my new Panda and that too looks worth doing and is so far looking as if most of the claims may be valid. I was very very sceptical about these treatments until recently but am pretty convinced. The 2011 car has never been retreated but still looks like new with very few swirls or scratches. You can buy the stuff on ebay and do it yourself but you would not get the lifetime warranty against bloom etc. Basically I can ask for bits or all of it to be retreated if I think they require it and am assured this would be done.

I use Armor All Shield on my Bravo and its pretty amazing stuff best of all on rubber and black plastic which it maintains like new. I heartily recommend it as it lasts much longer than any other polish I have tried.

Of late due to health I'm struggling even to wash & wax my daily runner. I'm been looking at the Armor shield stuff & I'm going to give it a go.

Been using stuff I've had in the shed & although it works for me, it's knackering work to get rid of all the residue completely. Mind you I came across a very old tin of turtle wax in my shed, decades old, used to belong to my father, used this on the bonnet as believe it or not, this was the hardest to do. Hey presto wipe on & leave to dry & wiped off oh so easily.:) Obviously there is a hole lot of things on the market these days, but I was pleasantly surprised how easy/good the tin of very old wax was.

Had to order Armor all shield on line as out of stock up here. Tried some on my boot lid & to be honest it looks a bit watery & a bit ordinary. Time will tell though, I've purposely only used on the boot lid to see how it stands up to the rest of the car.

Back