brakes

Currently reading:
brakes

kidbrush

Just discovered what I think is brake fluid underneath my punto S60,checked brake fluid and it was right down.Also tested brakes and they wouldn't press down.To the right of the engine I discovered a small pipe wwith something that looks like a small rubber gaiter.In this gaiter there is a tear and fluid pumps out when I try to press the brakes. Can anybody tell me the name of this small rubber part, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I cant think of anything on the brakes that has a gator? There is the master cylinder on the drivers side bulkhead. From that there are the four brake lines, two for the front and two for the back.
The front ones go through the wings and then connect to the rubber flexible hoses that connect to the calipers.
The rear ones go beneath the car to the rear subframe where they then connect torubber flexible hoses that transfer to the rear radius arms and to more rubber flexible hoses then to the rear cylinders.

There is also the clutch master and slave cylinders, the master cylinder is located on the bulkhead, the slave on the gearbox.

hi,thanks for your reply,,,the leaks coming from the rubber thing in the centre of the pic (if i've uploaded it correctly) its to the right of the engine, can you identify it for me ?
attachment.php

Attachments

• Photo0030.jpg
    Photo0030.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
thanks maddogmorg , for replying thats exactly what it is, just doin a bit of research on how to change it.

Back