Technical Brakes not working properly

Currently reading:
Technical Brakes not working properly

There will always be a lip, but you need to measure the thickness and check the minimum allowed by Fiat to know how worn they are.

On my Discovery 3, I have only just replaced the front discs at 70K miles. They had quite a lip at the last pad change, but were still well within spec.

Exactly! Theres very little reason (warping) to change discs at such low mileages (30k), the lip is normal and so is light corrosion after sitting for few days.

Exactly! Theres very little reason (warping) to change discs at such low mileages (30k), the lip is normal and so is light corrosion after sitting for few days.

Depends on a lot of things I guess.

Pad material, type of driving, thickness of the discs between new and worn, swept area of the disc and of course driving style.

Of course as I mentioned before I don't have a micrometer to measure the thickness of my discs so don't know how worn they are, but I doubt that they're doing to last much longer if at all, past the life of the pads. At £28 for the discs it's worth replacing them with the pads as the labour to replace them at a later date will outweigh the saving of not replacing the discs.

Back