Technical Brake problem

Currently reading:
Technical Brake problem

ninadv

Hi!!

I have a 8 year old FIAT UNO diesel. Recently, my mechanic changed the brake pads and booster. Since then, the brake is behaving very wierd. My mechanic is not able to fix it. The problem is as follows:

For example, If I waiting on a slope by pressing the brake, after few moments, there is peculiar sound (it sounds like, some mechanical device is slipping) and the brake pedal goes below and settles down, the same thing repeats, until it reaches the lowest position. In between, if I remove the foot from the pedal and press it again, the brake is applied properly at the proper position.

Please reply with your comments.

Thanks,
Ninad.

Hi!!

I have a 8 year old FIAT UNO diesel. Recently, my mechanic changed the brake pads and booster. Since then, the brake is behaving very wierd. My mechanic is not able to fix it. The problem is as follows:

For example, If I waiting on a slope by pressing the brake, after few moments, there is peculiar sound (it sounds like, some mechanical device is slipping) and the brake pedal goes below and settles down, the same thing repeats, until it reaches the lowest position. In between, if I remove the foot from the pedal and press it again, the brake is applied properly at the proper position.

Please reply with your comments.

Thanks,
Ninad.

When was the last time you had the brake fluid changed/bleed?

I work for a garge and we recomend that you replace brake fluid every 2 years. I would try bleeding brakes in the correct order and see how it is after that.

is there a brake fluid leak also?

Brake fluid is not a problem. I also tried getting bleeding the brake fluid. But the problem still remains the same.

Thanks,
Ninad.

Brake master cylinder. The rubber seals have split, so when your foot is pressing lightly on the brake pedal the fluid goes around the seal.

This will then sometimes cause air to get into the system.

You have two options:
1. Replace the whole cylinder (sometimes the only option).
2. Rebuild with new seals.

Could also be a faulty slave cylinder, but I think its the master cylinder.

Back