Brake Light when Accelerating

Currently reading:
Brake Light when Accelerating

P

Phill

I have a problem with my 1.6hlx in that sometimes when I accelerate hard say from 5 to 20 mph my brake warning indicator on the dash board flashes on for about a second. Does anyone know what might cause this and is it something I should worry about. ??

It happens on some fiat group cars from time to time, you could try topping up the brake fluid but it's nothing to worry about as far as i know.

It means the brake fluid is low which either means your brake pads are getting worn and need replacing or you have a leak.

Its NOT something not to worry about.

Mine started doing this after my recent Cambelt and service and it was simply that the connector on the Brake fluid reservoir had not quite been pushed firmly on. Reseated the connection and pressed the reset button and all has been well ever since (3 weeks or so now).

May be worth checking first before you panic but make sure as it's just not worth risking it with brakes.

Shabash!
http://ozrics.co.uk/
Ozric.gif

Both my dads 156 and my mates 155 both do it, they've both had them checked and there is nothing wrong with either, it only flickers on under hard acceleration.