General Bought another Multijet - non runner, parts donor car

Currently reading:
General Bought another Multijet - non runner, parts donor car

dtimmins1985

Established member
Hey up all,

So - you may have seen me mentioning that I was buying another Multijet.

It just so happened that a few days after I bought my metallic blue one, i spotted another one in black about 5mins from my house along my slightly changed commute to work.

To be honest, i would probably have never saw it if it wasnt for a diversion (closed road) one morning on my way to work.

I asked the guy what he was doing with it, he was holding onto it incase he found another mint working example but he had been looking for the past 9 months and not found anything, he did however come across the car i bought but it was too far away for to him go and pick it up so gave it a miss, since September last year - its been sat outside is house, on a private road gathering up crap from the elements outside.

At the moment - i've not done anything with it other than get it home on the back of my cousin's trailer, the brakes where not seized either so it was a nice easy job getting it on and off the trailer and into my drive.

Tomorrow - i will be hooking up another battery and will see if it fires up with easy start spray, if it does - the engine could be a winner.

It has done around 104k - so i was told and the guy i took it from had it since 2010.

So far I can see that the exhaust is excellent condition - im keeping the backbox, it has all its skins - mine doesnt.

It has yellow springs on the suspension all round, it looks lower than my car, the drivers side spring does look like its on a funny angle so will know tomorrow when the wheels are off.

It has 3 blades and one other OEM 17" fiat rim...

Anyhow - enough badgering on for tonight - i leave work in 2mins so better get these pics up.

Also - the whole thing cost me £100 :) and im set to make back that £100 at scrap time, if i had my own trailer i would be making much more as im giving the CATs to my cousin for his work (lifting and shifting the thing) so he's also set to make about £300 :)

Happy days.

Now to find another blade rim.

And swap over the wheels onto my blue multijet :)

Attachments

• 18673260_10154314598991580_6733211265148720797_o.jpg
    18673260_10154314598991580_6733211265148720797_o.jpg
    269.5 KB · Views: 35
Aye... to say its in a sorry state, im so tempted to keep it and get it running, its got a big ding in the n/s rear from a bafoon that didnt see the guy reversing out in a parking lot... could be fixed easily and then tidied up but i really just dont know....

Anyhow, swapped over the wheels, put the best tyres on the front, really do need a full set of fresh ones now though but suppose it will be ok for plodding about and the local commute.

Also fitted the engine cover and wow... what a difference it makes, it actually sounds like a proper diesel car now... before it sounded like a diesel van!!! Win win there.

Also took out the oem cd player ready to go in mine, swapped over the front fascia from my original one as its in better condition and now looks mint, gave it a test and it wants a code... will also have to put mes back on it and tell it that its present again and possibly do proxy alignment.

One big **** has been that i have lost my Halfords receipt for the sony unit i bought, was going to take it back and blag my £100 back lol... Will flog it on if this one holds up after a few weeks.

More to follow...

Aye... to say its in a sorry state, im so tempted to keep it and get it running, its got a big ding in the n/s rear from a bafoon that didnt see the guy reversing out in a parking lot... could be fixed easily and then tidied up but i really just dont know....

Anyhow, swapped over the wheels, put the best tyres on the front, really do need a full set of fresh ones now though but suppose it will be ok for plodding about and the local commute.

Also fitted the engine cover and wow... what a difference it makes, it actually sounds like a proper diesel car now... before it sounded like a diesel van!!! Win win there.

Also took out the oem cd player ready to go in mine, swapped over the front fascia from my original one as its in better condition and now looks mint, gave it a test and it wants a code... will also have to put mes back on it and tell it that its present again and possibly do proxy alignment.

One big **** has been that i have lost my Halfords receipt for the sony unit i bought, was going to take it back and blag my £100 back lol... Will flog it on if this one holds up after a few weeks.

More to follow...

If the dent hasn't creased anything get a bucket of soapy water and a plunger and pull it out!

If the dent hasn't creased anything get a bucket of soapy water and a plunger and pull it out!

Was thinking this but it has creased :( I wonder if the the stilo is double layered, if not I may be able to knock it out from inside.

Anyhow, sad news... the drivers spring is shot, its cracked and collapsed... no point salvaging the other three...

Already started stripping down the front end,p but had to stop as I have lost my Torx that was for the front bumper... Halfords or wilco tomorrow for another...

Also got soaked to death swapping over the wheels, had a free shower courtesy of the rainstorms we had lol, son loved it :)

Will try get her running but will be a few more days yet :(.

Back