Technical Both dipped headlights stopped working intermittent though, main beam is fine.

Currently reading:
Technical Both dipped headlights stopped working intermittent though, main beam is fine.

Gozoguy

Hello all,

I have a 2000 Mk2 Fiat Punto 8 valve 1.2 petrol manual.

The other day we noticed when going through a tunnel that the dipped headlights suddenly stopped working at the same time (main, sidelights and indicators all fine). I just checked the bulbs and both look fine, I then checked the fuses visually and they looked okay. Then tried again and driverside dipped beam lit up okay, turned on and off a few times and then it stayed off. Went for a drive and noticed it lit up again, then pulled over and stopped engine but kept electrics on, light went out again. So the driverside beam at least is intermittent, passenger seems totally out.

Could this be a fuse or relay issue? or something else. If its fuse/relay can someone please confirm to me which one I should change?

Re: Now the power steering has failed.

So didn't use the car these recent days as have been busy.
So went to check the car today, and strangely both lights came on. But now the power steering light has come on and the steering is very heavy.
So is all this related to some sort of of electrical/fuse/relay issue?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Back