General Boot Light - Help Needed

Currently reading:
General Boot Light - Help Needed

It's the same fuse as the interior lights so if they work the fuse is ok. But it's a the second one in on the bottom row of the fusebox, a 10A

not usre where the switch is, but you can be pretty sure that will be the problem is theres no power at the light and the fuse is fine.

it cant be hard to find the switch, it must have a little pin sticking out somewhere that will be pushed when the boot closes. maybe its built into the 3 contacts for the wiper and demister :confused:

as a quick test use a small wire to the body of the car to see if their is a good earth their. if the earth is disconnected then their wont be a corrent showing because the power wont flow.

(if that makes any sence at all then your a genius.)

it cant be hard to find the switch, it must have a little pin sticking out somewhere that will be pushed when the boot closes. maybe its built into the 3 contacts for the wiper and demister :confused:

Which bit of trims that under? Have looked before for a contact pin but dint find anything i know the Brava has a whopping great load of connectors that make contact when the boot is closed.

as a quick test use a small wire to the body of the car to see if their is a good earth their. if the earth is disconnected then their wont be a corrent showing because the power wont flow.

(if that makes any sence at all then your a genius.)

Ermmmm..........

You mean take a 12v reading from each of the pins with one contact on the connector pin and one on the car?

theoretically the switch could be in the actuall clasp of the boot.. where the lock mechanism is.

most other cars use a swith to the side ofthe boot (as simple pressure switch.)

but i havent seen one either on mine of my mates, so see what mr Haynes says.

on mine there is a peg in the middle of that block of gold connectors, thats the switch for the boot, if i had the car id take a pic lol

its just like a small peg cant think if its in the middle or at a side,. think its in the middle

Back