Technical boost help!

Currently reading:
Technical boost help!

I took my uno for a spin down the road today just after i filled it up with fresh oil and a brand new battery,

the problem is basically when the boost comes on the car shudders and the engine splutters. i've put a good 10 litres of juice in the tank so that aint the problem, its had new plugs already.

unfortunatly i didnt label the injector plugs so just plugged them back in anyway so more than likely they are not plugged in the right order. could this be the problem?

help please!

Mark.

ok sorted out the temp guage was a dodgy wire, i cleaned up the connection into the thermostat and it seems to idle properly now so that seems sorted.

it still splutters when it comes on boost though about 1 or 2 psi is fine but if more comes on then it splutters etc. i added a picture of the temp guage working :)

Attachments

• DSC00487.JPG
    DSC00487.JPG
    461.2 KB · Views: 29
Yeah sorry, I was in holiday-season mode, and I probably wouldn't have suggested airflow meter anyway... ;) good work Dunc! You're my hero! :hug: LOL

Incidentally the injectors all work together on the L-Jetronic, since there's no cam sensor. I think you'll find, if you check with a multimeter, that the plugs are wired in parallel, so it doesn't matter where the plugs go as long as the wiring is properly shrouded/clipped.

Later (much later, perhaps post-2000) systems with a camshaft-sensor can tell when each cylinder is on the intake stroke, so the injectors can be sequentially-fired.

-Alex

after changing the airflow meter i still have a judder but no where near as bad as it was, but this time when it judders the digital rev counter flashs up and down as if there is a bad connection, the wires which attach to the coil do not seem to be loose or badly connected,

Back