Technical Bluetooth Adapter Wiring and Autoradio for Fiat Bravo

Currently reading:
Technical Bluetooth Adapter Wiring and Autoradio for Fiat Bravo

daytan46

Hi everyone! I just got a new bluetooth adapter to connect on the back of the autoradio of my Bravo 2011, but I am having troubles to make it work properly.

I have both issues regarding the 1) audio and 2) electrical parts...

I attach five photos to this post: the adapter, its yellow connector, the inputs of the autoradio, the cables of the ISO connector, and the electric diagram (assuming it is the correct one).

adapter.jpg

connector.jpg

inputs.jpg

colors.jpg

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 23.22.56.jpg

1) The audio issue
Since the cd charger uses 8 pins, I can plug the 6-pin yellow connector of the adapter only either on the "line-out" or the "option" input. However, if I plug it to the "option" input, the bluetooth adapter works and I can listen the music coming from my phone via bluetooth, but the autoradio is stuck on the "phone" source and I cannot switch to radio! On the other hand, if I attach it on the "line-out", I can select "CD", "radio" or "AUX" as sources, but the audio of my phone does not pass through when the radio is on "AUX" (despite it is connected).

2) The electrical issue
I joined the red little cable of the adapter first to the red-green cable shown in the photo and then also to the yellow cable: in both cases the adapter receives electricity but also when the car key is not inserted. How can I power the adapter so that it switches on only when the car key is inserted?

A solution that comes to mind is to buy a 8 pin connector and add the red and black cable within such a connector, but I am not sure it would work. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thank you so much to those who are reading.

Andrea

Last edited:
The linked instructions are for some other, older bt adapter, will be way easier and simpler with your newer one.

Back