Bluetooth adapter not recognised

Currently reading:
Bluetooth adapter not recognised

Hi ALl,

Just a silly issue!

Basically, I have an advent v2 edr bluetooth adapter and until now, windows 7 has recognised the device fine. However, today, the device is active (flashing) but isnt recognised.

First thing i thought was drivers, but since its been recognised previously, could the existing ones now be corrupt or something?

I cant find the drivers online for it either :(

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

Sam

A quick search didn't throw anything up except lots of people asking for drivers.

Looks to be quite an ancient peice of kit.

I wonder, could the auto updates have fubared the driver?

Device manager should tell you if the driver (or the device) is really working. And you should be able to uninstall/reinstall it.

Windows sometimes gets fussy about which USB port is used (Shhh, so did Linux.........)

Yeah i know its a bit old mate, just something that's been lying around for taking stuff off old phones.

Iv tried connecting to a seperate PC and it has worked (dont ask why i didnt try this before) but on the inital machine, there is no option to uninstall or remove current drivers, which to me sounds like they've either been removed previously for whatever reason.

Strange, unless its possible that a windows update has removed them?

I know what you mean abouts ports being funny!

EDIT: tried sending a file but it instantly fails. I have a feeling security software could be interfering in all this

Last edited:
Back