Technical bluespark tuning box

Currently reading:
Technical bluespark tuning box

shotgun

Established member
just fitted a blue spark chip tuning box to my 75 bhp qubo
5 min job to fit and the pick up is a lot faster only done around 6 mile
with it fitted so will let you know the mpg and more in a week or so

just back from wales this bluespark box s gr8 getting 52 mpg on the computer so that will do for me and that's driving it hard and fast ok on the power to

Avoid K&N Filter. Bought one, and after installed it the service light was on - dont remember the exact message. Went and bought the original part, (and only with reset at an electrician!), the service light never came back.

forgot to say this is on my 95 bhp trekking qubo
on the 75bhp its around 41mpg on the trip but that's around town a lot and with a load
of gear in it

Avoid K&N Filter. Bought one, and after installed it the service light was on - dont remember the exact message. Went and bought the original part, (and only with reset at an electrician!), the service light never came back.

My K&N air-filter was a straight swap - perfect fit and instant result of better acceleration. It also looks like better economy too - the car is currently on the ramps in the garage for the 40k service. EGR blanking plate being fitted with corresponding map-out.

R-V-M

with the blue spark box you can set the powder to what you want 3 or 4 settings for more powder or more mpg I have not done this its just the way it came in the box £79 off the old ebay

The filter has nothing to do with the service light, so what is the actual reason for you not recommending a K&N filter :confused:

I dont remember exactly the message but it was 100% the K&N filter. It might let pass more air than the normal. First i said the same, i dont find a reason so the filter might have cause the "problem". I resetted it on the electrician, make a rid for 1km with the original (all ok). Went home, and re-put the K&N. After awhile of ride, again the same light and the same message. Went back, reset the engine at the electrician, put the original back, and after that, never face the same "problem". I did more than 1000km and all is ok now. And with the K&N did about 2-3km, and appeared twice.

just fitted a k&n filter yes its a lot better and faster pick up
don't know if its put the eml on as my light is on as I blanked the egr off

Late for a appointment...............

Joined the M6 at junction 12, headed North to Junction 17, never dropped below 75, 80 fair part of the run. Did about 20 mile on A roads, rest on M6. MPG 50.8........why would I want a tuning box, or fancy air cleaner ??
Was in 6th gear all the way on the motorway, car pulled like a good un, up and down, with good pick up from 70+ to 80ish.
Car totally as Fiat built it..........serviced and maintained by a top class Fiat main dealer.

No DPF, never speced when new (it was a option), 2009 reg.......no problems with EGR. Just serviced with correct oils/parts........

More then happy.

Qube O.

Last edited:
Fitted as standard on the Qubo in 2009..........only 5 speed now. Such a shame..:):)

I WISH that someone could state what the final ratio is on the 6-speed vs the 'newer' 5-speed and also if the Fiorino uses a different gearbox from the Qubo.
If I'm doing 70mph (rare!) the engine is doing nigh on 3000rpm which is ridiculous. Should be under 2500rpm like most other cars out on the road.

Just out of interest Qube O - what does your tacho show at 70mph?

R-V-M

only thing I can find is a 6 speed semi auto box fitted
and a 5 speed man
I have a 09 qubo no dpf and only a 5 speed box
I will check the revs at 70mph for you

Last edited:
I WISH that someone could state what the final ratio is on the 6-speed vs the 'newer' 5-speed and also if the Fiorino uses a different gearbox from the Qubo.
If I'm doing 70mph (rare!) the engine is doing nigh on 3000rpm which is ridiculous. Should be under 2500rpm like most other cars out on the road.

Just out of interest Qube O - what does your tacho show at 70mph?

R-V-M

Next time I'm out, and doing 70 will make sure.......but from memory about 2400ish.......helps with the old MPG.

Qube O.:):)

that why you get better mpg what size tyres you got on it

Back