Technical Blown turbo

Currently reading:
Technical Blown turbo

chink

I bought the wife a 2003 Multipla 1.9 JTD ELX 115 about a fortnight ago so she could learn to drive and it would act as a family car (and my 156 could stay clean:)
A couple of days ago the car lost power when I went to drive it home from work and the computer display told me the oil was low. I put a couple of litres in a drove it home slowly.
Some of the posts on here referred to gunge on the EGR valve so I took it apart today and cleaned it out. The car still refuses to rev more than about 4000rpm and unfortunately it is firing out blue smoke.
I think I know the answer to my question before I ask but does it look like the turbo has gone?
If so, how would a recon/2nd hand one cost? Where should I be looking to buy one?
I hooked the Multi up to FIAT ECUscan but I am pretty new to this software and the only fault showing was regarding the glow plug circuit (and the airbag light). This fault was on the car when it was running well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Just an update about the Multi.
Started her just now and got the most amazingly beautiful plume of smoke from the exhaust. Poor wee red frog:-(
Been looking around and it seems turbo seals may have gone which would account for the oil level dropping I suppose.
I had expected an easily identifiable fault to register on the FIAT ECUscan but there's nothing. It's running fine, not overheating at all and the oil pressure etc. is coming back as okay...
I intend to fix it but I don't want to be out the price of a turbo if that's not the problem.

I am sure you are on the right tracks concerning the turbo, once starved of oil has probably cooked the seals and with your description of the oil consumption and burning smoke its going past the turbo and being burnt with the heat on the way out.
I f you can source a s/h unit or replace the seals ------- cheapest option I suppose then as long as you bought wisely its still worth it.

Thanks for the reply.
I ran the car for a while and took it for a very short run and the oil level dropped a little which I think points at the turbo/seals.
Managed to source one on ebay so I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Back