General Bleed valve and screw

Currently reading:
General Bleed valve and screw

Mogles

Hello all, have a lost screw from the coolant bleed valve, any ideas where I can get one from? Fail that what part do I ask, Fiat wanted me to buy the whole loop for £140!!!!
It's the one from behind the headlight.

Cheers

I think the phrase you're looking for is.... BUGGER THAT.
No Sei coolant bleed screws on eBay & couldn't find a part number on ePER. Best bet would be breakers yard or someone on the forum breaking a car.
https://www.fiatforum.com/members/jiminwatford/ will have anything secondhand you might need for a Sei. One bleed screw is hardly going to make it worth his while -but speak nicely to him & you never know.
Failing all the above take out the other screw on the bulkhead & find something/anything with the same thread as a stop-gap.

Local scrap yard? (Not many left that let you look round anymore mind )
Put a wanted ad on here.
Message someone breaking a Sei on eBay or pm jiminwatford (he's on eBay and a member on here)
I don't have a spare or I'd send you one foc.

Unto.pl is a better place to buy cento bits that fiat uk dealers. Better to make a larger order if buy from them as postage is expensive (relatively speaking) but parts are dirt cheap in comparison.

Cheap diy solution - use a small bolt and a cable tie. :D

Hope that helped.

I just have a bolt in mine with a washer on the end, i prefer it. Much nicer to loosen and nip up again with a spanner than pissing about with that little plastic piece of crap that has a habit of firing itself a good 20 ft if you are just a little over enthusiastic loosening it when bleeding the system, resulting in 2 choices, scald yourself while you find something to quickly plug it, or lose your coolant.

Believe me, voice of experience.... that's why i ended up with the bolt in there to begin with :D

Btw I cannot for the life of me find that bulkhead bleed valve. Can somebody tell me where to look. I think I have been all over it. I have a 2002 1.1.
Cheers

IMG_12372.jpg

Back