blasted garage

Currently reading:
blasted garage

W00dward

Research Garage in Nuneaton had my car about 3 weeks ago now and they eventually fixed the leak in the boot. It was coming in through a hole in the rear bumper.

I also had a problem with the indicator stalk. It was signalling right even when it was in the middle position. The only way to stop it was to try and signal left! It would now appear they haven't fitted it properly and I cannot put the full beam on.

To top it all they returned my car with another bloody scratch on it. This time at the rear of the car. Thats twice now they have damaged it. I took the car to them with no damage on and they kept it for 3 days. I noticed it an hour after they returned it and took it back to them immediatly and they cannot accept responsibility for causing the scratch.

They have now agreed to have the car back in and fix the scratch and the stalk. GGGrrrrr, got this car in July and it just keeps going back to them. Mostly because they haven't fixed the fault properly in the first place or they have damaged it.

Sorry about the long post but I had to rant somewhere.

Hi

You rant away mate, you won't be the first. This seems to be the norm, FIAT make wonderful cars then back it up with sub-standard dealers and service centres.

Give FIAT Uk a call or even better complain in writing, a kick up your dealerships arse should sort it!

Savi.[8D]

You Need Someone To Stir Up This Joint.........I'm The Man!

Thats why FIAT lost the most of reputation.

Dec2002 - 5D 80 Fiat Stilo Dynamic Metal. Loden Green ASR/MSR/Brake Assist - Dual Zone Climate - Comfort Pack

The garage came 12 miles to collect my car this morning.

One of the problems I had was that I couldn't put the headlights into full beam. This was just after they did work on the indicator and I assumed an incorrect fitting. I have just had a call and a mechanic telling me to RTFM! [:0]

Aparently if you have the headlights on auto you cannot push the indicator forward. It just stops you. If you want full beam you have to switch to manual and then do it. I have looked at the manual before and don't remember seeing that. Gonna check that when I get home tonight.

They say they have fixed the scratch they inficted on the last visit to them and they are now bringing my car back to me.

Hopefully this is the last time it will need to see them for a while.

They have now bought it back, as its dark I can't check the repair to the scratch and check for new ones so that will have to wait till the morning.

It turns out they didn't know about the automatic lights thing they had to check a car in the showroom to see if that did the same. Perhaps they should RTFM after all it is their JOB!

GGrrrrrr!

Back