Styling Bigger wheels

Currently reading:
Styling Bigger wheels

I hope you are OK with the weight rating of the tyres, as they should be on *reinforced* shouldn`t they?
Not sure about passing the MOT either with a lower weight rating.
Something to check?
Anyway, they do look good :)

oilrag said:
I hope you are OK with the weight rating of the tyres, as they should be on *reinforced* shouldn`t they?
Not sure about passing the MOT either with a lower weight rating.
Something to check?
Anyway, they do look good :)

Mmmm, you're right! I'll need to check this one. Are the weight ratings the same for the MPV and the cargo van version?

No they aren't. For the Passenger version the front axle gross weight is 1000kg, and the rear axle gross weight is either 1200kg or 1400kg - but is most likely 1200kg. So, as a minimum on the front you need a weight rating of 84 (although I'd recommend more to stop the tyres wearing too quickly) and on the back you need a weight rating of 90 (although I think my original tyres on the back are 88 so I may be wrong).

I'd imagine that with such low profile tyres you only have a weight rating of around 84. It should also say on the sidewall of the tyre something like "500kg load max".

Hi Ozzie and thanks for the info. I've just checked the sidewall and I can't see anything relating to weight etc. However, the tyre size states 215/40/ZR17 87W. Is the 87W part the rating I need to know?

Yes the 87 is the weight rating which = 545kg per tyre and the W is the speed rating which = 168mph maximum speed. I do believe the minimum on the rear axle should be a load rating of 88, it may be worth checking with your local dealer or at least asking them the gross rear axle weight. Obviously the speed rating is fine.

Last edited:
The standard Doblo uses 88's but the extra carrying capacity needs 92's. The rear axle weight can be read from the plate under the bonnet. I think the standard weight is around 1000 kg or 1100kg while the extra load is 1400kg or so. :D

So Mr Angel what kind of money would a remap cost for a JTD we sure could use more than 100bhp?:D :D :D

I got a horrendous quote already in Rip Off Ireland!! (n)

Just to avoid confusion, the extra weight model is only avaliable on the Cargo version of the Doblo, not the passenger version :) but yes alfavan is right I knew I'd seen the weights somewhere, so 88's you do really need unless your MOT inspector doesn't pick up on it :p

hi mr angle.

got order set of the 17 claw rims
i was wondering if u had any problems on your doblo with the full lock turn while on 17inch with 215/40 rubbers ?

any spacers required for the front/ rear ?

mingsect said:
hi mr angle.

got order set of the 17 claw rims
i was wondering if u had any problems on your doblo with the full lock turn while on 17inch with 215/40 rubbers ?

any spacers required for the front/ rear ?

Nope :) The wheels and tyres are a perfect fit without any spacers or clearance issues whatsoever! (y)

thanks for the reply.
i'll try to attach some pics of the alloy later

i had my ecu remap my nigel sometime back in may.

he was telling me abt the bmc cda

did your doblo happened to install the BMC CDA?

The standard Doblo uses 88's but the extra carrying capacity needs 92's. The rear axle weight can be read from the plate under the bonnet. I think the standard weight is around 1000 kg or 1100kg while the extra load is 1400kg or so.

Interesting, I would have expected the family version to be uprated - after all it could potentially carry 7 fat adults. However, having checked - I've got 88's.
:confused: Ah bon.

Come on Captain you don't want to ruin your bumpstops carrying 7 heaps!!:D :D That's rich coming from me my poor Doblo sits on the stops from time to time...:p Good point though I always think of carrying little people cos we're thinking of buying a Doblo 7 seater for ferrying the small ones around (y)

Ozzie1989 said:
I've never had the Doblo on the stops - yet! Even with a whole sound rig or mobile disco in the back :D

Now come on Ozzie tell the truth! When pressed into service as a 'passion wagon' I bet you've given the suspension a good work out:devil: :devil:

mingsect said:
thanks for the reply.
i'll try to attach some pics of the alloy later

i had my ecu remap my nigel sometime back in may.

he was telling me abt the bmc cda

did your doblo happened to install the BMC CDA?

To be honest, I haven't got round to fitting a BMC CDA yet to the Doblo though I have one fitted on my 156 2.4JTD!!! Sounds good and certainly works well with the remap in that it helps reduce black smoke under full load due to a larger and quicker flowing quantity of cold air.

Mr Angel said:
To be honest, I haven't got round to fitting a BMC CDA yet to the Doblo though I have one fitted on my 156 2.4JTD!!! Sounds good and certainly works well with the remap in that it helps reduce black smoke under full load due to a larger and quicker flowing quantity of cold air.

i.c that's great.

i do notice there are quite a few models of bmc cda filter at the web
can i enqury what model of the BMC CDA should the fiat doblo 1.9 jtd use ?
and what's max size that the doblo can use ?

Back