Best polish

Currently reading:
Best polish

I used to use Autoglym but found whichever product it was too powdery for dark colours, including the one they reckon is the one for them.
I have switched to Zymol now and find that better.
For quick detailing I use Meguiars NXT wax as it leaves a very smooth finish. This is for the underside and brake calipers etc.

Last edited:
The secret to polishing is, remember that most polishes are only designed to be a fine gradiant. They are the final stage.

Therefore wash the car properly 1st to remove dirt etc.
If the paint work is damaged hazed etc. Then use something more aggressive on it 1st.

Polish brand does not specifically matter. However buy a decent quality polish, Megs, AutoGlym etc. Some will prefer 1 type and others another. It usually isn't a reflection of the finish but of the way its applied that makes one brand more appealable.
Polishing is purely a result of how much work you have put in lots of effort! :) Polish that wipes on wipes off is rubbish. I do a panel at a time and usually do it 2x
Then I put on a wax to seal the finish, wax is different you are not cutting away the top layer of paint but rather adding a sealable finish. I usually use AutoGlym Highgloss.

I'm happy when the panel feels like glass and when the paint reflects like a mirror.

Last edited:
I used to use Autoglym but found whichever product it was too powdery for dark colours, including the one they reckon is the one for them.

Simple answer to that one is you are using way too much polish

a £1 size blob on a foam pad should do between 1/4 and half the bonnet

Last edited:
Back