best photo you've taken

Currently reading:
best photo you've taken

I know what your saying. It's a shame a beautiful country is run by someone who has no respect for anyone else. Just can't wait for the day he does disappear.

I still call it home. And I will be returning again this year for a well deserved break. Can't wait.
I've spoken to a few Zimbabweans who've left home and can't wait to go back but feel they can't, or there's nothing there for them any more.

I noticed a nice irony recently. After years of throwing white farmers off their land and giving it to "Veterans", Grace Mugabe was reported as having seized land from black Zimababweans for a game park. There also seems to be a lot of outrageously p:ROFLMAO:igate behaviour for someone who is the "First Lady" of an impoverished country who's daughter is studying in Hong Kong when local universities don't offer a satisfactory education.

It seems from several thousand miles away that the Mugabes have done more damage and treated the indigenous population far worse than Ian Smith's government did.

It seems that FF mistakes the R-O-F-L in the word pro-fligate as ROFL. Er, if you see what I mean.

Last edited:
Lions: Giraffe? Too busy. zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz.

Tiger: Sod the giraffe, there's a Wee Smurf over there I've got my eye on. Nom nom.

The lesser spotted Wee Smurf is that :D?

Mr Beardy you need to come to sunny Norn Iron for a holiday. Well when I say sunny, I mean erm maybe not. But sure you can look out for a little yellow Panda most likely parked outside the zoo... :ROFLMAO:

I've spoken to a few Zimbabweans who've left home and can't wait to go back but feel they can't, or there's nothing there for them any more.

I noticed a nice irony recently. After years of throwing white farmers off their land and giving it to "Veterans", Grace Mugabe was reported as having seized land from black Zimababweans for a game park. There also seems to be a lot of outrageously p:ROFLMAO:igate behaviour for someone who is the "First Lady" of an impoverished country who's daughter is studying in Hong Kong when local universities don't offer a satisfactory education.

It seems from several thousand miles away that the Mugabes have done more damage and treated the indigenous population far worse than Ian Smith's government did.

Yes I agree. I couldn't return back to Zimbabwe to live. There is nothing to go back for.

With grace Mugabe seizing farms for a game park. She will ruin the country even more than Robert has. I have a feeling this game park will be for her own personal use and the animals in it will suffer.

Mugabe has treated the indigenous people far worse than anyone else has. A lot of live have been taken under that mans command.

I've only just stumbled across this thread. I've got so many favorates but these two I've always been pleased with. They were taken with a Kodak camera which I got way back in 2004 and I still have it although I only ever use it for workshop photos. It's replacement has never been as good as the old Kodak though. Anyway here's my effort. :)

This shot of Enzo was taken in 2011 at the brooklands autoitalia show. The reason I like this shot is that I somehow managed to evade the fun police who regularly patrol this part of the track so I was able to take this shot - free of people - with the famous bridge in the background. I've seen so many old images of this track so really pleased I was able to do it plus with a bit of photoshopping I was able to create a great photo by making the background back and white

And my second was taken closer to home. Not sure on the year but it was the day MITCAR was at stoneleigh Abby in Warwickshire. Again using photoshop to enhance the red with the black and white background again as above. I have these two photos hanging up in my home :)

The lesser spotted Wee Smurf is that :D?

Mr Beardy you need to come to sunny Norn Iron for a holiday. Well when I say sunny, I mean erm maybe not. But sure you can look out for a little yellow Panda most likely parked outside the zoo... :ROFLMAO:
I'll have to persuade Mrs. Beard. The closest she's been was the Inner Hebrides from where you can almost see Rathlin Island.....on a clear day.....if you're up high enough.....if the wind's in the right direction......and you've got a good pair of binoculars. ;)

it has to be between this one.....
DSCF2089.JPG

and this one...

DSCF2089.JPG

or possibly this...

DSCF1949.JPG

Doesn't have to be car related. Interesting lighting though. What's STC Media? Is it some kind of image hosting thingy?

Doesn't have to be car related. Interesting lighting though. What's STC Media? Is it some kind of image hosting thingy?

It was at the local light festival back in December (was hosted several places in Europe on the same day).
STC Media is just my own "brand" - so it's just my watermark on the image. I consider myself an amateur photographer, and post my best shots to my flickr page :)

3rd_Quarter_2013_355.JPG

This was a White Tailed Sea Eagle over a boat I was on near the Correyvrecken Whirlpool in Scotland. It was taken with the kit lens which was a 18-105mm which means it was working at the limit of its capabilities.

3rd_Quarter_2013_355.JPG

This was a White Tailed Sea Eagle over a boat I was on near the Correyvrecken Whirlpool in Scotland. It was taken with the kit lens which was a 18-105mm which means it was working at the limit of its capabilities.

Beautiful bird. Saw one up close at a raptor centre last week.

Attachments

• IMG_20150718_231655.JPG
    IMG_20150718_231655.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 69
Beautiful bird. Saw one up close at a raptor centre last week.
We spotted this bird, and its mate, by chance and were very lucky that one of them flew directly over the boat. The Skipper drew them to our attention when he saw dozens of Kittywakes nesting on a cliff face and, as we looked, they took off en-masse. He then pointed out the reason why; two Sea Eagles.

I have a couple of other images from that encounter which I'll try and post as they show what can happen when the prey stands up to the hunter.

I had a winning shot! :D

My photo of my son Ethan monkeying around at Belfast zoo won the best Adventurer photo section in the Belfast Zoo photo competition.

Attachments

• IMG_20150726_124035.JPG
    IMG_20150726_124035.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 63
Back