Styling Best car Wax & Polish to use?

Currently reading:
Styling Best car Wax & Polish to use?

It’s coming up to winter time & stay off the salty roads, Can someone advise on the best car wax to use, I have tried all makes including Swissswax, at the end of the day they all seem to do the same thing apart from the prices.
It would be good to hear what brands you guy’s out there use.(y)

Attachments

• EE17B43B-921B-4D7F-91EF-36F4B1BB3112.jpeg
    EE17B43B-921B-4D7F-91EF-36F4B1BB3112.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 113
I would suggest taking it to a good detailer and getting a ceramic coating applied. I had my truck coated a year ago and it survived a Maryland winter and summer and is now only starting to break down. My truck sits out in the elements year round.

I would suggest taking it to a good detailer and getting a ceramic coating applied. I had my truck coated a year ago and it survived a Maryland winter and summer and is now only starting to break down. My truck sits out in the elements year round.
Funny you say that my son in law works for a German main car dealership in sales, the other day he asked me if i wanted a 2 pack ceramic polish kit. he said you wouldn’t need to re polish the car for 18 months. I have always thought when buying a new car these extra “add Ons” were just a way of making up the salesman’s commissions.

Funny you say that my son in law works for a German main car dealership in sales, the other day he asked me if i wanted a 2 pack ceramic polish kit. he said you wouldn’t need to re polish the car for 18 months. I have always thought when buying a new car these extra “add Ons” were just a way of making up the salesman’s commissions.

Now you’ve started something.

Had this done to a couple of cars in the past with mixed results, but generally been happy with how it’s lasted.

I think one was called Diamond Brite. Dealer did initial coat and they give you a bottle to apply after a year. Expensive, but certainly worked on the BMW we had done.
Must be the same one! as I said he works for a German car Co - BMW.
It amazes me how can Swisswax charge over £900 jar of a tub of carnuba wax!

If you are wondering how Swisswax charge £900 for a tub of Canuba-wax, just look at the price of Canuba honey as against 'normal' honey! When I worked at a M/Benz garage we used 'Diamond-brite'---it normally gave pretty good results. I was able to 'acquire' some 'not-used' bottles of the stuff. I might have some left over, or pull the 'can you help your father-in-law' stunt!

I have found that the best wax I have used is Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax, my car is a black Panda & this wax really makes it shine, less than £20 for a 250ml tin with a applicator & microfibre cloth included, before this I tried Autoglym Ultra HD Wax which was nearly £50 but the Bilt Hamber is much better quality & lasts a lot longer, only thing with the Double Speed Wax is to keep an eye on it as it can cure before the recommended time but don't let it fully dry as it can be a pain to buff off but with this stuff you can tell when it has cured as if you swipe a finger across the uncured wax it will smear & when cured it will clear when your finger is swiped across it. It has also been Auto Express wax of the year for quite a few years running which was what made me buy it.

Below is a recent picture of my Panda after recieving it's regular monthly wax polish by hand with Autoglym Radiant Wax Polish & a coat of Double Speed Wax. The Autoglym is more of a glaze/cleaner with pretty much no cut which is great for regular use by hand but if there are minor imperfection such as small surface scratches & minor swirls I'll use Meguiars Ultimate Polish which has better polishing abilitys, coupled with my cheap single speed orbital machine polisher which normally comes out about twice a year it is brilliant at getting rid of minor imperfections, it has been done this way since the car was new & I still get comments on how the car still looks showroom fresh, I have also never used a cutting compound on the Panda as it has never needed it. Sometimes if I have time it gets 2 coats of wax which makes it look even better but 1 coat is durable enough as I regularly polish & wax the car to keep it looking it's best
20211021_170956.jpg

Attachments

• 20211021_170956.jpg
    20211021_170956.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back