Votes: 4 40.0%
  • PHILIPS X-TREME POWER

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • OTHER (please specify)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

beany_bot

Stuff Your Own Title
Please say from these two bulbs, which you belive to be best. (From experiance of both only please).

Please do not mention HID or conversion kits or anything like that. just between these two bulbs. Mention other regular bulbs if you like but nothing else purely because i have no interest in doing it so it would be lost on me.

OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER

PHILIPS X-TREME POWER

OEM. If they work why change them....

If they break then fine.

Not massively helpfull, but in reponce to your question. why change them?

"Improved illumination of the road provides optimum visibility for the driver and therefore optimum safety."

"Drivers find the whiter light stronger and more pleasant than ordinary light, which is also of great benefit on long journeys."

"Improved illumination of the road provides optimum visibility for the driver and therefore optimum safety."

"Drivers find the whiter light stronger and more pleasant than ordinary light, which is also of great benefit on long journeys."

I replaced my OEMS with Ultrabrite ones at £20 each and saw no difference.....

I like the nightbreakers, but the headlamps default postition is so low anyway that they dont make much difference over OEM. I really need to adjust my headlamps.

Original ones were fine for me. Don't see any point in upgrading them. Its also proven that warm (lower colour temperature) light to be better to see by in low light levels especially in conditions of visual noise (rain, fog, snow, sleat, dust, falling leaves, etc) as well as reducing glare to other road uses. This is why race and rally cars can often have bulbs of temperature as low as ~3000k. There is a good scientific study on this subject in this link http://www.lightingresearch.org/programs/transportation/pdf/SAE/2001-01-0320.pdf

Last edited:
I prefer the Philips. They seemed whiter and brighter in my opinion. Until one of them went after only 3 months so i "upgraded" again to the Osram +90 nightbreakers. They're still good bulbs, but i just think the philips performed better.

Cant comment on the philips bulbs, but osram nightbreakers are very good indeed, an improvement over the ring +60 bulbs I had in before. From what I can gather, the philips are very similar, I bought the osrams purely on being available locally

osram and philips are the only bulbs i would use, or recommend someone else to use.

i have only ever fitted philips to my own cars, but i have fitted osrams to several friend's/associate's cars so i can safely say they are just as good as each other. reliability wise both are also the same (last longer than you'll keep the car). so how do you choose? i always choose by price, and i can get philips on ebay for a tenner, so that is why i always have philips.

i find the +50% philips bulbs are just as bright as the +80% philips bulbs (aka x-tremes) so i use the +50% instead to save a couple of quid.

Last edited:
Back