Bent drivers door - Punto Mk1

Currently reading:
Bent drivers door - Punto Mk1

I took my car into work for the first time since getting it back on the road after 2 years of it being sat festering.
I came back to my car last night to find that someone has tried to break into the car by bending the door back :mad:
There is approx a 2 inch gap at the top of the door and the the window motor seems to be stuck at half way too.
I don't have much money left after paying out for tax and insurance this month but need to get my car sorted.

Any ideas as to how I can do this? Is it worth claiming it on the insurance? It was meant to be in a closed car park but there were no spaces so it was in the street :(

Please help ASAP :cry:

Bummer that.
Cheapest solution would be to source a door from a scrappy and spray it if you can not find your colour.
What Mk1 Punto was it?

Mine has been tried but no outside damage was caused, just bent inside of door frame. So I have a small gap 2 cm which can be a bit drafty when cold:eek:

TRY to get window down,put knee in middle of inside of door,grab top of door[frame,about 12 inch apart] give it a good jerk inwards with both hands at same time[try a few times till door space near perfect], a thanks would be good[lol].

done/tested/got the tee-shirt.

yeah 'most' of the time the doors bend back almost perfect, maybe just a slight kink in the door which only you would notice, help the window down by pushing it with the motor or what ever and do as said above, put your knee at the bottom of the window on the where its bent and just bend it back, its easy to do, iv had to do it a few times :(

yea,try 1 jerk at a time [close door]and see how much more you need to pull in,just make sure windows right down and inside door[might need a little push down]...

Back