General Beeping noise from inside car

Currently reading:
General Beeping noise from inside car

kevinpunto

Hi There

I have a MK2 51 Punto 1.2 and im having a problem with a certain "noise". It seems to be making a beeping sound ( which is constant, kind of reminds me of a noise which tells you that you have left your lights on or something ) all the time and no matter what i do i cant get it to turn off.

Just wondering if anyone knows of this and if so how i can get it to turn off as its driving me crackers

Many Thanks

Kevin

kevinpunto said:
Hi There

I have a MK2 51 Punto 1.2 and im having a problem with a certain "noise". It seems to be making a beeping sound ( which is constant, kind of reminds me of a noise which tells you that you have left your lights on or something ) all the time and no matter what i do i cant get it to turn off.

Just wondering if anyone knows of this and if so how i can get it to turn off as its driving me crackers

Many Thanks

Kevin

Anyone ?

Describe it.

Is it a continuous noise, a wave-like noise or a 'beep' - 'off' - 'beep' type of noise?:confused:

Does it happen when the door is open? :confused:

Does it only happen when moving or all the time when the engine is on? :confused:

Does it happen if you take your keys out of the ignition? :confused:

Do you have any lit warning lamps on your dash? :confused:

Do you have an aftermarket alarm fitted? :confused:

From memory, my Punto didn't have anything that 'beeped' at anytime for any reason whatsoever.

hmm thats a straneg one dont think there is anything in a punto that makes beeping noise.

any after market alarms on it ?
and does it make whilee stationary?
or with radio off?

can remember a pulsing noise in my car when i first fitted my after market stereo cause i conncetd coloured block up that should of left loose. stereo worked fine but when engine on would get a noisse in speeekers allthough it was more harsh than a beep

JTD Monkey said:
Describe it.

Is it a continuous noise, a wave-like noise or a 'beep' - 'off' - 'beep' type of noise?:confused:

Does it happen when the door is open? The Noise is on as soon as the engine is started. Weather the door is open or not it makes no diffrence.

Does it only happen when moving or all the time when the engine is on? :confused: All the time when the engine is on

Does it happen if you take your keys out of the ignition? :confused: No the noise happend as soon as the key has been turned one knotch and all the lights on the dash light up

Do you have any lit warning lamps on your dash? :confused: No

Do you have an aftermarket alarm fitted? :confused: No

From memory, my Punto didn't have anything that 'beeped' at anytime for any reason whatsoever.

Im completley stuck :(

Does it do it when ignition on?

It could be something like the clock or something is whining, my OEM stereo in my mk1 made a really high pitch (I mean on the limit of human hearing) ALL the time, wasn't thru speakers it was the HU, still made the noise when ignition AND stereo off, finally stopped when I pulled its fuse out!!

Could be electric window motor switch is worn and the motor is on teh point of turning over, hence making a really high pitch noise, try unplugging the electric window fuses

Back