General Battery size / Swap between different engines.

Currently reading:
General Battery size / Swap between different engines.

Morty Mort

NobodyBlamesTheHappyGuy!
Hello.

My battery is getting poor again. Not very strange as the stupid garage put in a battery with 36 Ah on it. They told me it was 56 Ah when it was installed two years ago, and since I haven't checked it I have no proof. Bastards.

And I've been laughing at people here having poor batteries. Right back in my face. :bang:

I'd never put anything below 60 Ah on the Stilo here where king Winter is pretty cold, so this explains why I've had to recharge it 2 times every year.

Well, now I have found the 62 Ah battery that will fit the 1.6. But checking the Diesel version (103kW) the battery delivers 78 Ah.

That sounds better. But as far as I know the alternator of the 103kW JTD delivers 120 A. The alternator for the 1.6 is either 80 or 90 A.

Will the alternator of the 1.6 be able to deliver enough charge to the 78 Ah battery?

So over to sizes:
278x175 (x height 190) - 1.9 JTD 103kW
245x175 (x height 190) - 1.6

Only lenght differs, and we all know size matters... sometimes it will not work.

My alternator charges a 92ah and 60ah just fine whilst drawing a good extra 3kw of power.
Yes i lost a bit of extra power from the engine but that is because i was drawing so much from the batteries.
You would just be topping them up so i dont see a problem.

Sounds good then. Hope I made a good choice.

I'm staying up with a puking child by the way :yuck:. Add 39.8 fever and we have a great mix.

Something tells me I'm not going to work today, but instead watch "little mermaid" and "aristocats" etc. on the TV. :rolleyes:

Back