Technical Battery Drain

Currently reading:
Technical Battery Drain

How to track down a battery drain on the milkbottle?

Would like her to last longer than a few weeks before reducing the battery to flat. The battery itself I think is pretty good, it's reasonably new, and has been charged with an inteligent charger.

Would like her to last longer than a few weeks before reducing the battery to flat. The battery itself I think is pretty good, it's reasonably new, and has been charged with an inteligent charger.
just disconnect the battery if its garaged and you are parking her up for lengths of time.

My DGT did this for bloody weeks once, drove me up the wall - I ended up carrying a spare fully charged battery and some jump leads in the boot - I was poor and couldn't afford repairs!

It turned out it was actually the light in the boot itself that was causing the problem - it was staying on when the boot was closed - impossible to spot if my mum hadn't kicked me out one night and I had to sleep in the car

If you disconect the - on the battery . . . . & Put a test light between them (making sure all the doors are shut) If it still lights up you know for deffo you have a drain (y)

If it does'nt light up your battery is F**ked m8 !

Glad to see it's not up for grabs now ! :D

just twigged, you mean it drains when car is still being used every day, i thought you ment the battery was going flat after it had been parked up for 2 weeks. think i've had to many knocks on my head and im getting a bit slow lol.

Stupid Q - does the car have an alarm - if so bet its that. I would just disconnect the battery and forget about it - I do that with mine all the time when its parked up for more then a couple of days - which is a lot at the moment - apart from a blast out last night it hasn't moved since the show I went to in Luton and that was weeks ago!!!!!

it usuali has a electromotor defekt!so possible it could be any electro motor... you cant see it is broken but when he shor circe-s he drains power,lots of power. i had a ventilator broken!!

Back