Basic Cinq Setup

Currently reading:
Basic Cinq Setup

Hi,

Had a decent search for info on this, but not much about what i'm considering.

Current set up.

Decent Kenwood headunit KDC-W6031 running some 4" Sony (half decent i think) fronts and a pair of Infinity 6"x9"'s mounted to a Auto Acoustics stealth Shelf.

Sounds good (IMO) and doesn't eat up any boot space. Looks stock. However, it lacks punch at low volumes and doesn't handle really loud too well.

Thoughts.

Get an amp of some description and mount that to the underside of the stealth shelf and run the 6"x9"'s off it. That would leave two normal outputs un-used which could be used for some extra speakers in the doors or the rear quarters if i could be arsed / or was skilled enough to fit them.

Worth doing? If so can you recommend me an amp.

Any information of fitting door/ rear quarter speakers in a Cinq would be helpful.

Oh, i use my boot so i can't afford to loose space to fit a box.

i wouldnt mount the amp upside down cause you will cook it

but use it to run a sub and the front speakers

As Vaz said, fitting an amp upside down'll cook it.

I would concentrate on the fronts - do some work on fitting larger drivers up front, and amp those. You could always use 6x9 subs (e.g. Genesis) but they'll need some sort of boxing in, or they may be able to run infinate baffle, I can't really remember :eek:

When you say "work on fitting larger drivers up front", is that becuase they won't just bolt in?

Reviving my old thread.

The plans – Get some better front units. Hopefully some that will fit behind the original grills, if not, modify the grills or just leave them out.

Managed to get some rear quarter panels with 6x9 holes. The current 6x9’s in the stealth shelf are being moved to these quarter panels. ( I know non 6x9’s would be better….)

That leaves a nice stealth shelf ready for the some 6x9 subs.

Here’s the question –

Recommend some infinite baffle 6x9 subs and a suitable amp to pair up with them.

VAS – do I need to worry about this for infinite baffle units?

Will pop into an car audio shop next time I’m passing, but I’d rather get an unbiased opinion (or two) from here first.

Dragging up my old thread.

Just moved the 6x9's from the shelf to the rear quarters. The improvement is amazing. The sound from the rear is now the middle. It's crisper, clearer and punchier.

DSC04999.jpg

Now, i've realised that a decent set of fronts could be enough to keep me happy.

So, some recommendations on some front 4"s that'll bolt in. I don't mind loosing the grills, but i'd rather not have to bodge / cut anything to get the magnets in.

<£50 would be helpful.

Component or coaxial, as long as these components arn't too hard to work out. :confused:

Back