bargain on my sideskirts...

Currently reading:
bargain on my sideskirts...

happy new year people:). aniother year gone and another year to start all over again haha.2007 went past so quick.

anyway... finaly found genuine sporting skirts on ebay and got them for 51 quid plus 10 to get them deliverd 2 me:D.really chuffed with them all they need is a bit of clean. they are already yellow but are a tiny bit lighter than my colour.

can i have some oppinions please?

do you think its worth getting them re painted? ive heard that its impossible to get them to match the car exact because they are plastic and the paint sticks to the plastic different to metal giving out a slight different shade.

or shall i leave them as it is and just fit them.

also anybody know of any good body shop places near dudley that will fit them for me and know how much roughly would cost just to fit? also which is the best glue to use on them?i want something strong but somethign that is easy to pull off without ripping off the paintwork if i ever decide to take them off in the future. so nothing too strong :) and nothing too weak?:)any ideas.thank you:) .

id say just fit them tbh, it will save you a £100 odd and the match might not even be any better! also once they've been on the car for a few weeks, and the cars dirty you wont notice a difference in colour, and they might polish up to be a bit darker if there lighter shade?

It will only take a pro an hour! but wherever you get charged that is another thing, + materials (30+10) they are easy to fit, polish them up, buy some pu sealer and bang them on! using masking tape to secure while sealer dries, also dont do it outside in cold conditions, or the sealer wont dry, if your unsure call in at a few local small bodyshops, Ant!

It will only take a pro an hour! but wherever you get charged that is another thing, + materials (30+10) they are easy to fit, polish them up, buy some pu sealer and bang them on! using masking tape to secure while sealer dries, also dont do it outside in cold conditions, or the sealer wont dry, if your unsure call in at a few local small bodyshops, Ant!

thjnx ant mate .i doubt il do it myself i aint got a clue how to fit them and i need do drill some holes in the door sill i think too sooo il just take it to a body shop:). thnx 4 the help

Back