Technical Barchetta Clutch

Currently reading:
Technical Barchetta Clutch

After fitting a new clutch cable, I have noticed the thrust bearing is noisy. I'm sure it wasn't previously, any thoughts?
Is it a sign the clutch is on the way out?
I have found a supplier who says he has a Barchetta clutch -'3 PIECE Clutch Kit for ALFA ROMEO - 145 146 155 - FIAT - BRAVA BRAVO BARCHETTA MAREA'
Is this the correct clutch for my 1999 B?
Thanks

Attachments

• Clutch.jpg
    Clutch.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 75
How would define the noisy thrust bearing ? It is worth checking if the new cable is adjusted properly.
Have a look at this:
It is a bit generic, but the synopsis is good.
In principle, the condition of the thrust bearing says nothing about the state of the clutch and pressure plate. On my first MGB the thrust-bearing squeaked for 50K kms ;)
If it was truly not making noise before installing the new cable, then the cable is probably too tight. Which is bad because it doesn't release completely, which will wear out your clutch; and also over-exerts on the pressure plate., putting more stress than desirable on the bearing.
For example: I also have a VW T5. When I drive it, the thrust bearing is completely inaudible. When my son-in-law drives, he pushes the clutch peddle all the way to the floor, and the bearing makes a lot of noise.
So I would think adjustment is in order.
grtz
Eric

Back