General Barchetta Air con gas charge DIY

Currently reading:
General Barchetta Air con gas charge DIY

yawataboy

Hi, I have Barchetta 1998, and want to recharge gas for air conditioning to cool the air in summer. Has anyone done this recharging work by yourself? What do we need to finish this work.
I could find Hitachi 200g HFC-134a can bottle in amazon, and related to this is Gas charge hose for R134a 40cm.
Are these two items are enough to do it by myself? If so, what's the quantity of required gas? 200g? 400g? to fully recharging.

I do it on my Wife’s 500c and have a can and the connector hose with a gauge.

With the engine running I fill until it’s in the green zone on the gauge and that is sufficient.

If there is no gas in your system (no pressure) there must be a leak and you’ll be throwing money away trying to fill it.

I do it on my Wife’s 500c and have a can and the connector hose with a gauge.

With the engine running I fill until it’s in the green zone on the gauge and that is sufficient.

If there is no gas in your system (no pressure) there must be a leak and you’ll be throwing money away trying to fill it.
THank you for your advise. Is the gas charging do during the engine running? Is it necessary to start engine?(Isn't it dangerous to run the engine while putting the gas into aircon?)

The advice for the 500 is to do while the engine is running.

You’re filling via a valve. The connector has a gauge to avoid over filling.

The worst part of doing a 500 is that you could connect to the fuel rail. The value is the same size and close to the aircon valve.

Back