Technical banging from rear

Currently reading:
Technical banging from rear

langywangy

hi all iv just bought my first car afiat punto 55s m reg. i know a bit about cars but this has got me baffled. when i drive it there is a loud bang from the rear on the slightest bumps. it doesnt do it on speed humps and i cant get it to make any noise when stationary. any ideas? :confused:

Does it do it under heavy braking as well?
Mine did and it turned out to be the rear sub frame bushes.

And then a thread title like that goes and makes me giggle for the rest of the evening :D

Welcome to the forum.

16v cab said:
Does it do it under heavy braking as well?
Mine did and it turned out to be the rear sub frame bushes.

could you give me more details. today it started doing it when i brake heavily like you say almost like abs or sumthing. i checked all the supsension mounts fitted a new rear shock took out the spare wheel and checked every possible. how much did it cost you. thanks

p.s glad you liked the title totally unintentional but really quite funny!!!!

langywangy said:
could you give me more details. today it started doing it when i brake heavily like you say almost like abs or sumthing. i checked all the supsension mounts fitted a new rear shock took out the spare wheel and checked every possible. how much did it cost you. thanks

p.s glad you liked the title totally unintentional but really quite funny!!!!
It is a ten min job to change them over.They are ~£15 from Fiat.
http://www.puntosports.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=17126 there is a how to.

failing subframe rubbers. check radius arm bearings at rear. They are renound for wearng out and the whole radius arm has to be changed. a - z motors who you can find on ebay will do you a brand new radius arm for £40.

Back