General bad starting when warm

Currently reading:
General bad starting when warm

hopper450

Hi,
I have an X reg fiat seicento that starts first and every time from cold. However when the car is warm it will cut out and stop if it is left on tick over or when you drop the revs at a road junction. It is then bad to start. Has any one any ideas. I personally think it may be something to do with the automatic choke. I have already changed the fuel filter and the spark plugs but it has not made any difference.

welcome to the forum. you don't have a choke not even an automatic one, that is a carburettor thing you have injection, the amount of fuel is controled by the ecu, the ecu relies on temperature sensors to tell it how much fuel is needed to keep engine running, so may be an idea to check them

Ok cheers for information. I will check tonight and let you know.

When you have eliminated Crank Sensor & Temp Sensor - have a look at the injector. Take off the air filter box and start the car. Look closely at the injector to see if it's leaking into the throttle body. I discovered this fault on my old Sei.

I've got a couple of spare injectors if you need one.

ok cheers for all that information. I tried to plug in diagnostic tool just for curiosity but it would not connect for some reason. I have ordered a new temp sender and should be here tomorrow. I will update soon.

Back