Technical Backfiring

Currently reading:
Technical Backfiring

Hello , people .

I am posting this for my Father who has a L Reg Tempra 2.0 SW .

Not always , but sometimes when he starts his car , it backfires .

We think maybe timing , but not sure , if so how do we alter the timing ? :confused:

It is also a little low on power lower down , but is fine when cruising on the open roads , not sure if related or if just a common trait .

Many thanks in advance to fellow knowledgeable FFmembers .

Regards Jason :cool:

It could be a result of a poor fuel mixture, Too much petrol, not enough air.

I get a odd back fire on Hi Rev to slow down with my Tipo. I beleive my problem is a result of unburnt fuel in the exhaust. I can only get a back fire in 2nd gear when I reach hi revs then slow down.

I'm not sure how to adjust the Fuel Mixture, maybe someon else can guide you.

all this if you have a carb engine...
it can be bad mixture and you first check the air filter if its nasty so your carb not getting enogth air... if its new or old but cleen so you can adjust the fuel by a little screw on the left side of the carbbut be carful and try to lern abuot it before coz it can be fatal to your carb/engine ill try to find some page about it and put it here

good luck...

i forgot to write that it can be a low air mixture and the fuel amount is fine... this you can adjust wuth another screw on the left side of the carb where the chock cable is connected...

Hi, Sharkyaylor

I own a 1996 Tempra 1.6S, I bought a electronic device call "Elecronic Fuel Injection Enhancer" from www.eaggle-research.com.
My fuel comsumption from 12 km/L increase to 15 km/L and the engine run more smoother. This device increase the output voltage ( adjustable ) of o2 sensor and lean the fuel air ratio.

You can consider it.

Last edited:
Back