General Back on the road at last.

Currently reading:
General Back on the road at last.

At last I have my Barchetta road legal again, she has been on a sorn since last September. All at a cost though, car tax £123.75 to expensive, only did 300 miles last year. MOT £45 with no issues, good news. Had the timing belt changed £180 fitted, just felt it needed changing as it was last changed 7 years ago. Also an oil change £30, Just hope the weather is good this weekend, as I will be attending an event, organised by The Rotary Club of Crewe and Nantwich Weaver, this includes a 100-mile convoy of classic vehicles through Cheshire, North Wales and Shropshire retuning back in Nantwich for a static display of classic cars.
:)
Regards Dave M

Great news - especially on the MOT front. Mine's due in 3 weeks (gulp).

The best way of reducing that cost-per-mile figure is to DRIVE IT MORE!!

And remember, it's not costing you much in depreciation, and I bet it puts a bloody great big smile on your face every time you take it for a spin!

Hope the sun shines on you this weekend.

Great it's back on the road dave but I agree with the road tax situation. I currently have four cars which are taxed - they live on my private drive and I can only drive one at a time. Years ago there was a debate about abolishing the road fund duty and adding a few pence to the cost of fuel. Thus, those who use the roads more, pay more. Plus it wouldn't be possible to evade the duty. Anyway, moan over - drive safely. Steve

Great news - especially on the MOT front. Mine's due in 3 weeks (gulp).

The best way of reducing that cost-per-mile figure is to DRIVE IT MORE!!

Good luck with your MOT, you are right I should drive it more, but last year was not good for top down motoring, I was just out of sync with the weather, the sun only seamed to come out when I was working. Semi-retired now so hope to use the B More.
Steve the car tax bugs me also, I too am a multi car owner and I feel that I don't get good value for my car tax. The roads in this area are terrible, one of my other cars was damaged as a result of the poor conditions of the road. I claimed and they paid up for the damage, but that's not the point. Sorry started to rant also.
Regards Dave M

I took photos of the street showing the holes, but as a took pictures passing cars were mounting the footpath to miss them. When I hit the potholes they were full of water as it had been raining heavy so unable to see the severity of the road condition. Also took measurement of the size and depth of each of the holes, also used a tennis ball to show scale. The road is a very narrow one with cars parked on one side, this limited the speed I could travel at, this also helped my case. Took about 2 months as it's passed to an agency to assess.

Back