Styling Back box and tailpipe

Currently reading:
Styling Back box and tailpipe

I recently got my hands on a back box with the tail pipe from my friend who has the 1.9 diesel model. I was wondering if there was any way this could find onto my 1.4 8v petrol model? I know i can buy a tail pipe from the Fiat site but it seems very expensive. Would it make any difference to the performance of my car and it's emissions?

Last edited:
if its just the tip you are after take it to a custom exhaust place and they can fit it for you properly,
if you are thinking about fitting a diesel back box onto a petrol you should be shot....several times

Thanks. I'm pretty useless with cars but i presumed it would not work. Do you know if the bumper would have to be cut or would it sit flush below it? I've already looked into purchasing a heat shield from Fiat to prevent my bumper melting.

Thanks. I'm pretty useless with cars but i presumed it would not work. Do you know if the bumper would have to be cut or would it sit flush below it? I've already looked into purchasing a heat shield from Fiat to prevent my bumper melting.

without seeing the tailpipe i couldnt say, it could be chopped about and made to fit. Find a pipe you like and a custom place would chop the old one off and weld the new one on. If its done properly there is no need to modify the bumper. You wont need a heat shield unless you planning an anti-lag system :rolleyes: your bumper wont melt (y)

Why wouldn't a diesel exhaust work ? I havn't seen the 1.4 exhaust but i am assuming that the 1.9mjet exhaust has got a creater diameter so this would increase gas flow, althought you may loose some back pressure i would think it would sound meatyer than the standard 1.4 back box.

As regards modding the bumper the mjet exhaust tail pipe bends down and gose straight again, personal for a standard exhaust it looks ok.

Back