General axle stand placement

Currently reading:
General axle stand placement

rab10000

whats the best place to place the axle stands for working under the pasenger side rear? my jacking points have buckled in so dont wanna risk using them

can u just rest the rear axle on the axle stands

hi

i usually use the axels and this has never affected anything under the car and i spend a lot of time under there lol! hope this helps

cheers for the reply managed to work it out i put one on axle one on the main chassis that ran about 6" in from side of car and kept jack in place, better to be safe than sorry i guess eh

replacing the passenger side rear trailing arm and new exhaust as well

best of luck too you hope everything goes well, ive recently done my exhaust and cat it was easy enough but the cat was a bit fiddly.

i done the front section about a month ago that was a bit awkward as i couldnt get one bolt undone but the cat backwards was real easy hardest part i found was freeing the cat from the back section of the old exhaust,

even the rear arm i found easier than what i was expecting to really

my downpipe came of no probs but the cat wud not shift because at some point it has hit the ground and bent the whole cat so trying to get it out resulted in a lot of swearing brute force and a oxyceteline cutter ha ha great fun but its done now and going to do the whole back box unit but it is only one unit with the 3 boxes struggling to find one

i got one off ebay had only done 200 miles on the car and looks brand new complete with stickers and was only £30 delivered

i use ebay for most parts as they just as cheap as anywhere else, noticed they have brand new trailing arms on there today bloody expensive at £140 delivered

never thought to use ebay i do all my work my self and i have done lots to it but i have a diagnostic scanner which helps me loads to track probs before they even start will look on ebay now for a few bits

was u dear for the diagnostic scanner?? been thinking of buying one wasnt sure if they are worth it

yes i would say they are worth it i got one off a friend for 40 it does everything and it runs off my laptop just plug it in run engine and it does the rest. picks up everything and the added bonus it clears that pain in the arse engine management light

do u know where u can buy they tools from, are they the ones that u can use on loads of dif cars as long as u have the correct software

i know e-bay does 1 for 35 its a t40 which reads codes and comes with cd code database its good and also removes engine light it works with 99% of cars 1996 and above as its obd2 compliant hope that helps

Back