avoid cinquecento rip offs!

Currently reading:
avoid cinquecento rip offs!

arc you are rude :p
ebay dude said:
When surveying Fiat mechanics, they recommend that quite often, the entire arm needs replacing. As the guide is a buyers guide, we make people aware of the worst case. They can then go to a garage to get a precise quote and diagnosis. I appreciate you making contact becasue we can get innacurate information and we like to continually improve, but your writing was rude, which is unnecessary.

nicely worded..

fact remains though that a worn rear arm isnt likely to make a knocking noise, a worn rear arm you'd see the camber of the rear wheels totally wrong. knockning noise would be the bushes

me, rude? kiss my hairy arse :p

arc said:
fact remains though that a worn rear arm isnt likely to make a knocking noise, a worn rear arm you'd see the camber of the rear wheels totally wrong. knockning noise would be the bushes

Yip, dependant on how the rear arm is worn, thered probably be a sudden loud bang and one side of the rear of the car would drop to the floor!!:)

no not last bit. i got a reply...
Hi
Thank you for the response. It is perhaps badly worded (we've done over 330 guides and so we do slip up!). It is the bush that causes the knock, but a lot of mechanics find they have to replace the arm becasue they can't get the bush out. have you not found that?

to be fair, they do sound like reasonable kinda guys.

The bushes are kinda hard to remove, They need to be either cut out, or burnt out (and replaced with powerflex bushes!). Though if a garage is replacing the arm instead of spending a bit of time taking the bush out then the garage is one you don't wanna take your car too.
They may argue the labour costs would be more to remove the old bushes than the arm costs, but then the labour costs for fitting the new arm and transfering the brakes over, and then better off fitting new hubs on there too.. it all gets a bit silly.

no bodywork areas to check? what about:

Rear bumper mounts, they rust like hell as we all no!

The front valance under the windscreen is prone to rust around the wiper shaft holes, and around the edge of the screen,

a lot of the cento's I see have rust under the lip of the bonnet, ours is slowly disintegrating,

check around the repeaters in the wings, as it can rust through there as well.

Not really a very detailed guide is it! If it is even slightly generic then they shouldn't be offering it as a cento guide. I think someone should buy one, just so we can see how detailed it is, and supply the guy with corrections.

Tbh it is a good idea, as we had bought ours before we found the forum, but we did look on ebay, and would have found this! Especially if we can convince him to advertise the forum on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jon+Em

Back