Technical Aux cable for 2013 Punto Evo

Currently reading:
Technical Aux cable for 2013 Punto Evo

BolbusBub

Hi there, I have had a 2013 Punto Evo for a few years now and I would like to know how to fit an aux cable. I have tried buying a cable that plugs into the ISO connection in the back of the stereo and plugs into a phone with a 3.5mm connection. However when I try to cycle through the inputs with the media button it comes up with “No source available” and switches back to the radio input after a few seconds. I do not have the Blue & Me system and I have looked for a usb input in the glovebox and cannot find one so I have no idea if an aux connection would work. Thanks for your help.

If you don't have blue and me you won't have a USB socket as this is expressly part of the B&M system.

The radio inputs seen on other evos, are also part of blue and me, the USB plug with an AUX input is again something that only comes on Blue and Me equipped cars there are some cables which i'm guessing is what you have already tried.

I know from my car if there is no sound coming from an input within a few seconds of turning it on the radio will quickly switch back to a source that it knows is working like the radio. In your case you may have tried a cable that wasn't right, this is not something I can advise you on as I don't know what you did try. However you could buy other cables and find they still don't work.

You could buy something like a pure DAB radio upgrade that has an FM stereo output, and usually has some sort of input for your phone, this would give you what you want and a DAB radio.

My best advice as you don't have blue and me and therefore don't have bluetooth or any of the other things that modern cars have, would be to buy a new radio that has everything you want in it. these days new radios are fairly inexpensive and simple to fit.

Back