Auto Paint Direct??

Currently reading:
Auto Paint Direct??

albabarn

Evening all, I've a few scratches that will need a bit of touchup paint, i've seen to ye olde ebay & amazon that there is a company called AutoPaintDirect that supply a few Sprint Blue kits.

Has anyone had any experience with any of these kits, how well did the colours match?

Edit: also just seen another site called Paints4u, seem to be better, any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

if you go to thornton to auto paints they will colour match yore car and make paint on mixing sceme for you im sure they still do aerosols and tin paint starting at a tenth of a litre

wulliej said:
if you go to thornton to auto paints they will colour match yore car and make paint on mixing sceme for you im sure they still do aerosols and tin paint starting at a tenth of a litre

That's great cheers, might swing by on Friday. Got loads of little jobs that i'm wanting to do on he car, might as well start with the paintwork as it should be the cheapest to do. Tyres after that, possible handbreak cable and then an extra key (pain in the a*se), front windscreen. after all that he'll be looking grand :)

Only real way of doing a touch up is to fill the scratch with your mixed colour. Then flatten the scratch and sourounding area with p2000 wet and dry paper. Then buff up again. Using the 2000 paper you are leveling the surface until the scratch is level to the rest of the paintwork. The buff is just to restore the shine :)

Bought touch up paint from both companies, colour match from paints 4 u was OK but I have to say I was well impressed with the Auto Paint stuff. Bought a couple of their aerosols now and did my whole bonnet in it. Obviously you're never going to get a factory finish with a rattle can but it's an excellent match for smaller areas and doesn't need a lacquer coat for the ones I bought (metallic finish) - makes life easier as the lacquer is even harder to get right than the basecoat from a can.

Back